Linux No album art + musicdb error in log
This is driving me round the bend - I am completely unable to enable album art for our CD collection. I am running a Raspberry Pi with version: XBMC 13.1 Git: unknown. Compiled Jun 11 2014 (this is what is reported on the TV). NONE of my CDs show any album art. I have made sure that the tracks are all MP3 ID3v2 compliant with all fields completed. Originally I was playing music on a NAS server but I read there are problems with album art on NAS-based files. I did try both Samba and NFS but neither showed album art. I have now copied a CD's tracks to the Pi itself - but there is still no album art. If I play the music in Exaile on my Linux machine it displays the album art correctly, so I don't think it's a problem with my methoid of tagging. I upgraded the XBMC version, going to a newer build - same problem. I tried a different Pi - no different. I enabled debug level logging and I can see something about a problem with the music database:
Code:
ERROR: Open - failed to open source <musicdb://artists/4/6/66.mp3?albumartistsonly=false&albumid=6&artistid=4>
Is this the problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?

I think XBMC is brilliant, but not being able to add Album art is a bit of a downer. Any help is appreciated.
No replies, but in case anyone else has this problem here was my fix.

Re-installing Raspbmc from scratch didn't work so I Googled for album art downloaders. I found the best (for me) was a Python script called CoverLovin, which I ran on my Linux PC. It worked with about 95% accuracy. It downloads a jpg file for each album and puts it in each CDs directory and calls it cover.jpg. These are displayed in XBMC fine.

For the 5% or so of art that was incorrect I simply Googled for an image of the CDs in question and downloaded one which matched my original CD, renamed it to cover.jpg and saved it in the appropriate directory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No album art + musicdb error in log0