PC Sleeps after 25 minutes during playback
While watching anything in XBMC my computer will sleep after 25 minutes of no input. The sleep settings are OFF in the XBMC settings, nothing is set to sleep, Windows is not set to sleep and doesn't sleep other than while playing media in XBMC. Searched everywhere and no one seems to have had this issue that i can find.

25 minutes exactly. Only while PLAYING video. if i leave XBMC in the menu it won't do it, if i leave the computer on the desktop it doesn't sleep and abides by my normal sleep and screen saver settings in windows. It is singularly happening while playing media in XBMC.

now that being said i have resolved it before by completely uninstalling XBMC and re-installing, but it is now happening again.

I am playing the media from a FlexRaid storage pool.

does anyone know what the hell is happening here?

EDIT: forgot to mention this doesn't happen in any other media player.

here is my advanced power settings. It is set to "Always On" so it really can't be anything in windows. setting in XBMC for putting display to sleep when idle is OFF
The shutdown menu in XBMC is really just toggling your system O/S settings. It is possible you have a shutdown timer in action, just not sure where. Try setting the hard drive 20 minute timer to double, check carefully your shutdown menu settings in your skin (what skin are you suing?) choose Confluence temporarily. Screen Savers in all programs are potential issues and sometimes present conflicts. Might want to run process explorer in the background to monitor tasks that might be responsible.

Put your debug log in silent mode and next time it does this, if XBMC is behind this issue, you should see some evidence in the log.
I set the hard drive sleep to 40 and watched a 45 minute show with the debugging running and it didn't fall asleep. Going to try without the debugging and see if it was just keeping it awake because it was writing to the log file.
So it appears that resolved it. The hard drive inactive sleep time in advanced power options, because i have XBMC installed on the C drive but run my media from the storage pool which is a separate drive. I guess XBMC runs very silently from the C so windows doesn't even think there is any activity on it, more so than other media players which this was not happening in. So the C drive was falling asleep which was shutting everything down i guess. Kind of dumb that the "Always On" power profile has this even set so i didn't even think of it.

set the "Turn off Hard disk after" setting to 280 minutes.
+1 usually modern hard drives spin down with a timeout after zero activity and is source of issues to NAS users that have sleeping drives and need tickle software to keep them tripping.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PC Sleeps after 25 minutes during playback0