• 5(current)
[HOW-TO] Easily switch audio outputs, settings, etc.
Not sure... Maybe it's a Mac thing.. Have you tried putting the script in the kodi userdata directory? What happens if you run it via the terminal?

And have you set the script to be executable?
Thanks. You save my time alot..Have you tried Default Sound Gadget?
(2015-11-15, 21:28)teeedubb Wrote: Not sure... Maybe it's a Mac thing.. Have you tried putting the script in the kodi userdata directory? What happens if you run it via the terminal?

And have you set the script to be executable?

Turns out it was a typo I didn't notice earlier...works as expected. Brilliant solution, thanks for that!
I had configured this successfully on Kodi 15.2. Now I am running 16beta5 and the only thing I see in the log is:

WARNING: CPythonInvoker(6): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.

The expected output "CURRENT AUDIO DEVICE" does not appear in the log. After I (re)start Kodi, the notification appears once, at the first time I press the remote button. After that, nothing but the above message in the log.

Is there another requirement in Jarvis to run python scripts?

TIA,

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory
Not sure about any changed requirements in Jarvis, though going by that error message the script should still work. I'll set this up again on my windows machine and test it out.
After restart audio still gets sent to last output device. Any idea how to set it up so after restart default output device will be used, no matter what has been used last?
Put a version of the script that will set your chosen device in http://kodi.wiki/view/Autoexec.py
Thanks again
(2016-01-17, 04:12)teeedubb Wrote: Not sure about any changed requirements in Jarvis, though going by that error message the script should still work. I'll set this up again on my windows machine and test it out.

Did you already find some time to look into this?

Thanks,

Bart

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Yeah I just tried.. while I do get the "WARNING: CPythonInvoker(6): Script invoked without an addon....." error, the script worked over several runs on Jarvis RC3. Post a version of your script and I'll try on my machine.
(2016-02-10, 15:36)teeedubb Wrote: Yeah I just tried.. while I do get the "WARNING: CPythonInvoker(6): Script invoked without an addon....." error, the script worked over several runs on Jarvis RC3. Post a version of your script and I'll try on my machine.

Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bya7T6A...sp=sharing

I don't think I changed much from your original.
I hope you can find something.

Thanks,

Bart

Works as should on my system. You might wanna try the audio profile switcher addon.
@teeedubb,
Can you explain in plain english what this script actually does?
Does "switching audio output" means directing the sound to different LAN-connected players, like DLNA players?
It uses kodi's jsonrpc protocol to toggle settings. The example is for switching hardware audio outputs (eg HDMI and analog), but the script can be modified to change any settings that are exposed via jsonrpc.
Sweet idea like it alot
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW-TO] Easily switch audio outputs, settings, etc.3