Release - service.subtitles.shooter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
taxigps Offline
Team-XBMC Python Developer
Under xbmc 12.0 and the older version, I have wrote a shooter service for script.xbmc.subtitles to download Chinese and English subtitles from shooter.cn. And I rewrite it as a single subtitle add-on when xbmc 13.0 release. So here is a support thread for all service.subtitles.shooter related stuff.

The add-on is available in the official Gotham add-on repository.
The source code in development here: https://github.com/taxigps/service.subtitles.shooter

Important update:

Jun 26, 2014 - Version 1.0.3
- added search subtitles by title
(Older shooter add-on only support search subtitles by video file hash, sometime can't get any results.)

Apr 09, 2014 - Version 1.0.2
- added setting to save subtitles as UTF-8
- added setting for Simplified and Traditional conversion
- changed to use zlib to decompress incomplete zipped subtitle
(If download a Simplified Chinese subtitle(GBK encoding) use older shooter add-on, the subtitle can't show correct when set Appearance-International-Language as Chinese(Traditional) (BIG5 encoding))
find quote
taxigps Offline
updated to 1.0.4 - reduce unneeded coding convertion to download faster.
find quote
risingevil Offline
This doesn't seem to work very well with Pulsar torrent streams. Or it might be Kodi's RC status. When I do manage to find and downlaod subtitles, I get a error when it is trying to display it.
find quote
taxigps Offline
broken because site closed.

edit: I'm wrong. just can't get subtitles by movie name (or filename) because web site shooter.cn is closed. Can get subtitle by file hash code because web api still work.
(This post was last modified: 2014-12-16 07:31 by taxigps.)
find quote
taxigps Offline
(2014-12-11 19:04)risingevil Wrote:  This doesn't seem to work very well with Pulsar torrent streams. Or it might be Kodi's RC status. When I do manage to find and downlaod subtitles, I get a error when it is trying to display it.
we can't calculate hash code of streams, so can't get the subtitle for streams.
find quote