XBMC 13.1 crashes Windows 8.1 x64 Intel Nuc d54250wyk
I have to agree with the others, Random acts of crashing smells of Hardware or Power supply issues. Have you run any hardware testing?
No but the problem is only with XBMC, besides that all other programs run smooth, windows doesn't crash ,youtube in google chrome doesn't crash and TMT6 doesn't crash when i use it as external player and watch a movie , xbmc can crash (because it runs in background minimized when using THT6) but i just click ok on the "xbmc has stopped working" dialog box and keep watching the movie using THT6 without a problem.

i noticed that after a completly uninstall XBMC and then install it back it stable for a several days or even a few weeks but than the crashing problem comes back from nowhere.

now i installed openelec and it works great without any problem. so thats why i dont think that there is a hardware problem , because problem should affect other programs not only XBMC. maybe some combination of a bad driver + xbmc cause that crashing problem, i dont know and unfortunately I can not read crashlog files. and i think that i will stay with openelec for now , the only missing feature is to watch iso 3d files but it is more stable than windows , and it is bether to miss some feature than spend a lot of time trying to fix that mystery crashing problem Smile , anyway thanks all for help , i hope that xbmc team will make some support for iso 3d and blu ray menus in the near future, and then xbmc will be a the best media player in the world for any type of media content Smile
I know you wanted to delay checking for memory issues... but this sure looks like a memory error. Issues will appear randomly. VERY randomly.

If you don't want to pull the memory out, you can build a bootable USB with memtest+ on it and run that exhaustively.
(2014-08-10, 16:39)tssgery Wrote: I know you wanted to delay checking for memory issues... but this sure looks like a memory error. Issues will appear randomly. VERY randomly.

If you don't want to pull the memory out, you can build a bootable USB with memtest+ on it and run that exhaustively.

Test passed ok, no errors in memory , no crashes in openelec and was no crashes in any other program when windows was installed, only in xbmc.

and this is why i didn't wanted to pull out the memory Image
this is not a hardware issue.
I'm experiencing EXACTLY the same problem, with the same strange frequence.
When it starts crashing, I usually don't have many solutions : reinstall en rescan all.
Very annoying, at least 2 times a month.
But as vpekus said, playing the same movie or show on the same pc without even rebooting but using plex works great (by the way I never got a crash with it).
i'm less and less confident in xbmc, more and more on plex.
there are options missing for sure in plex, big ones, but reinstalling en rescanning with xbmc comes too often.

But I think the errors in xbmc are more frequent after many modifications occured in the library.
Possible ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.1 crashes Windows 8.1 x64 Intel Nuc d54250wyk0