Changing Default Background image across all Menu Items
Greetings and thanks for your time. My apologies for what I am sure is an "uber-newbie" question, but not seeming to find a solution after repeatedly checking ever setting I can think of. Fairly familiar with XBMC, although definitely not expert level, but my feet are sufficiently "wet". Wink And in all my XBMC use, majority has been with Aeon Nox skin.

First off, LOVE Aeon Nox! Previous and (so far) new 5 version as well. Slick, clean, and yet epic like a summer blockbuster movie trailer. I like the simplicity of the less bulky skins, but something always drags me back to Aeon Nox, and it is usually a setting the lighter skins didn't have. Anyways, thanks for a sweet skin.

My Question:
In the new version of Aeon Nox, I love the 'Gravity' default Home Window background image. And I love the way it is constant while flipping through my categories on the Main Menu bar. But I would really like to replace the default background image with a multi-image slideshow, or at least have it change on each load of XBMC, based on either the contents of a selected image folder or a group of individually selected images. Or at least a single image.

Essentially I have a collection of 5 or so cool landscape wallpapers that I would like to cycle through every 10-15 minutes or more, or on every launch of XBMC. Not looking for it to constantly change within a minute or anything, and DEFINITELY not each time I hit a left or right arrow.

I know I can go into each category (Menu item) and change the background image to the same thing if I wanted it to appear as though I had a default static image across all categories. This could not of course work in the instance of having multiple images, because (correct me if I am wrong but) if I was to select "Set Multi-Image Background" for each category they would appear randomly while flipping through categories.

So I am wondering if there is a simple "Default Background Image" setting I am missing somewhere where I may be able to (A) select a static image for all categories that I could easily change without having to change each category BG image and/or (B) select a multi-image option for a random image from a selected group/folder of images (slideshow style) that would be independent of the Home Window Main Menu Bar or at least automatically change the image for each category to the same one so it appears seamless?

Any help on how to achieve this in Aeon Nox 5 (if currently possible) would be greatly appreciated.

My Suggestion:
If there isn't currently a way/setting for this, then I would suggest creating a skin setting option that would allow a "Default Home Background Image" that is independent of the Menu Bar with the same options as that of each Menu Bar item's Background Image (i.e. "Set Item Background" -> "Set Single Image Background", "Set Multi-Image Background")
Update:
I have gone through every Menu Item and Background image per category setting I can find and changed them all to a single image I liked, but even now after doing that, when I click on "Power" category and the Shutdown Options window appears the Background image is the default 'Gravity' image again. As well as when I go into my custom "Gaming" category and I launch either HyperSpin (just an Advanced Launcher command) or Steam Launcher add-on (which opens Steam in Big Picture Mode), during the launching of these items the background image is once again the default 'Gravity' image.

Is this a bug I should be reporting, or is there yet another Background Image setting that I need to change that I have not stumbled across yet?

Thanks for you time.
Update:
Also when coming out of QLock Screensaver, it briefly is showing 'Gravity' Background image before getting to proper new Home window background. I can not find any other background image setting location.

And just in case anyone is curious, Yes I AM in Expert level settings.
Its a known problem that the default fanart on certain actions shows up. I havent found a solution yet.
(2014-07-11, 21:56)BigNoid Wrote: Its a known problem that the default fanart on certain actions shows up. I havent found a solution yet.

So the reappearance of the default 'Gravity' background when transitioning between programs/actions is a Bug and not just my stupidity of not being able to find the correct setting? No offense, but, glad to hear it. Wink Thanks for letting me know about that issue.
You can replace the default_bg.jpg in the backgrounds folder to have a different image show up Smile
(2014-07-11, 22:32)BigNoid Wrote: You can replace the default_bg.jpg in the backgrounds folder to have a different image show up Smile

Awesome, took me a while to find it (mainly because my XBMC install is on a different drive than my C: with the AppData folder), but found the default_bg.jpg and swapped it out with the new one (Copy to folder and rename) and now it looks SO MUCH more seamless.

Would still love a way to make the default_bg.jpg a multi-image setting option, but I am assuming that is something that would have to be added on, possibly with an add-on, and nothing I am too distraught over at the moment. This will do quite nicely. Thanks a ton.

And just in case anyone is curious as to what I am looking at and trying to do, I have the "Aeon Nox main menu horizontal position" set to "low", with a "3 Item" menu layout, and I changed the default_bg.jpg to: http://www.mrwallpaper.com/view/Digital-...1920x1080/

Just thought it looked really cool and brightened things up. Just an image I found while searching Google for wallpapers.
Wink 
Replacing default_bg.jpg works a treat - just what I wanted to do cheers SmileSmileSmile
Hi all. I am using OpenELEC on a RPi and am trying to figure out how to get into the backgrounds folder to change the default picture as discussed in this thread. Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
check in the .xbmc folder on openelec
Not sure this is exactly what you need, but at my old workplace, I used to have a different background appear everytime I booted up the pc.
Windows always loaded up the same 'Filename' for the background, but what I did was wrote a very simple windows .bat file to rename several image files -

Let's say the image file being loaded was "image1.jpg".

I would have say 10 images in total & did the following in the batch file :

ren image10.jpg > image11.jpg * (Using image 11 so I don't overwrite any earlier pics).
ren image9.jpg > image10.jpg
ren image8.jpg > image9.jpg
.... etc
until :

ren image11.jpg > image1.jpg

I made this .bat file auto run by placing it in the startup folder.

So basically everytime windows rebooted, the image would change.

I may have got the actual coding slightly wrong (as this was about 15 years ago!!) but that's the general gist of how I did it.
(2014-11-20, 09:40)XxTattooMattxX Wrote: Hi all. I am using OpenELEC on a RPi and am trying to figure out how to get into the backgrounds folder to change the default picture as discussed in this thread. Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, did you ever work this out? I'm trying to do the same thing and can't access my Backgrounds folder no matter which way I try Sad Am running LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi...Aeon Nox is excellent apart from the bloody Gravity background everywhere!
(2016-07-07, 19:10)MDUKRPI Wrote:
(2014-11-20, 09:40)XxTattooMattxX Wrote: Hi all. I am using OpenELEC on a RPi and am trying to figure out how to get into the backgrounds folder to change the default picture as discussed in this thread. Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, did you ever work this out? I'm trying to do the same thing and can't access my Backgrounds folder no matter which way I try Sad Am running LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi...Aeon Nox is excellent apart from the bloody Gravity background everywhere!

take a look in:
/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.5/backgrounds/

enjoy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing Default Background image across all Menu Items0