Why can't I add 8VSB muxes to tvheadend manually?
The subject says it all. I want to add some muxes manually for the OTA channels, but I can only pick QAM64 or 256.

I am using openelec, in case that makes a difference.
ATSC support is shaky at best, that's why. You could try with the latest master build, there's been a ton of changes since the stable versions.
Thanks! I'll fire up my Ubuntu VM and try to compile from source.
It took way longer than I anticipated, but I manged to get a build from scratch.
However, the version of TV Headend on the web interface still shows the same version number HTS Tvheadend 3.4.27~gfbda802
Do I need to update TV Headend files myself?
If the web interface says 3.4.27 then that's the version you built. If you previously had it install through a repository (ie. apt-get install tvheadend) you should remove that one (apt-get remove tvheadend) and then use the autobuild.sh script from the tvheadend source to build it. That way a .deb file will be created which you can then install using "dpkg -i blabla.deb".
I was under the impression that the actual TVHeadend server was baked right into openelec.
It looks like it's not, and that it's just an addon. I found somebody on openelec forums who build a much more recent implementation of TVheadend, and I was able to get that into my system.

Now I just need to figure out the new UI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why can't I add 8VSB muxes to tvheadend manually?0