where is 14.0 Beta for Ubuntu/Mint
Has the newly released 14.0 Beta been uploaded to the team-xbmc/unstable ppa?

Is the ppa still team-xbmc/unstable for now or renamed to team-kodi/unstable? (or ??)

To install, is it still sudo apt-get install xbmc or is it kodi?

Or are we just behind curve a bit with Linux and just need to wait for the beta be added to the unstable ppa?

I currently have 14 alpha 4 (from nightly ppa) - it is still all in .xbmc folder:
Will everything migrate into a .kodi folder (similar to what is happening with the windows beta install)?
It's available in the nightly ppa like described in the download page

"* XBMCbuntu needs a manual update to 14.0 alphas/betas, which are now available on the Ubuntu nightlies-PPA"
http://kodi.tv/download/#devbuilds

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/xbmc-nightly

That or you can compile it yourself from git
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Kodi Helix beta1 is now available in the unstable ppa
hmm, not coming through for me on the unstable ppa..?

edit: Sorry, I am using xbmc-fernetmenta-master .. it has not been updated for 3 days it appears.
no

Read Official_Ubuntu_PPA (wiki)
just installed 14.beta 1 on Mint 17 and all ok
I installed from the nightly on 11-03 (before the beta was available in the unstable ppa) and in the system information it is alpha 5 compiled 11-03 - is this(essentially) the same as the beta in the unstable PPA?
no
(2014-11-07, 20:18)uNiversal Wrote: no
You sure about that?
I just removed the nightly ppa, removed xbmc, updated, installed xbmc
Code:
Preparing to unpack .../xbmc_2%3a14.0~git20141104.0917-beta1-0trusty_all.deb ...
Unpacking xbmc (2:14.0~git20141104.0917-beta1-0trusty) ...
Setting up xbmc (2:14.0~git20141104.0917-beta1-0trusty) ...

STILL says alpha 5 with same git
Code:
apt-cache policy xbmc

Or perhaps you should be installing kodi? I assume the package name has changed?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
where is 14.0 Beta for Ubuntu/Mint0