Applying additional functions for Harmony 650 remote
For a long time I was using wireless keyboard as a XBMC remote. Recently I have purchased Harmony 650 of Logitech and associated it with remote of Chinavasion, model CVSB 983.

Apparently I lost some important functions due to this migration, here is the list of them:
  • - I - for information
    - C - for adding to favorites
    - Alt+Shift - for changing input language
    - A..Z - characters for typing.

I will much appreciate any help with the clear guidance for setting the above functions. Without them the XBMC operation in too much limited.
Tried Google, but nothing associated with this particlular case have not found.
Set up the Harmony as a Media Center Keyboard. That will let you send keypresses using it, and you can assign them custom names with the Harmony software.
Could you please elaborate on this methode step by step?
I'm a newbie and this does really say nothing to me.
Set the Harmony as an MCE remote, not some Chinavision thing.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Remote_controls
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Harmony is set today as an MCE remote (with Chinavision IR receiver). The question is how to apply to it few additional functions.
Have you read the instructions on the wiki?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
As "Haiku" said above, you need to add "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" as a device to your 650 setup. Once you've done this, you can add individual keystokes such a I or C to any activity buttons you want.

Since your Harmony is new I assume you're having to use MyHarmony as the programming tool. You should know that I have found that sending single keystrokes after programming with MyHarmony might be problematic. On my setup the single key commands often acted as if the key was being sent twice. I tried all manner of adjustments to delays and repeats to fix this, but never really got it to work reliably. As I still have a 650 account on the older desktop software (7.7) I programmed the remote with it and the problem became much more tractable and usable. I have no explanation for this, but it's what worked for me.

The MCE Keyboard device does not have key definitions for combined keys such as ALT+Shift. To program that you might have to proxy some unused key and modify the "keyboard.xml" file in your XBMC setup.

As far as entering general text using the Harmony I wouldn't. It's technically possible but would be REALLY slow and difficult to do. If you want to enter general text, I'd pick up a mini wireless keyboard like the Lenovo N5902 or something like it.
Or yatse.
I'm sorry to interfere on this thread, but I'm also trying to use my new Harmony 650 as a remote for XBMC. I have to use that crappy MyHarmony thing. I tried to add a Microsoft MCE Keyboard device, but it seems that everytime I press a button it creates an infinite loop of keypresses on that button. If I hit 'a' on a textbox it writes 'a' then after a slight delay it writes a infinite amount of 'a' until I hit another button...
I tried to use Microsoft Media Center Edition Keyboard device and it's working but lacking letter keys so what can I do?

Thanks for helping, I have to keep using Yatse for now but I dislike a touchscreen remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Applying additional functions for Harmony 650 remote0