Req Subtitle improvements
1. Offset menu handling
Ask yourself this question: what happens more often, a user wanting to return to the menu to change another setting or a user wanting to return to watching his/her movie after settings the subtitle offset?

When setting the subtitle offset, please make it so that pressing 'enter/ok' will close the subtitle offset menu and the main OSD menu.
Pressing 'back/backspace' can return you to the OSD menu.

2. Offset limits
Please accept this PR Blush https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4929

3. Autocorrect subtitles that keep getting out of sync
It happens all the time. You set the offset so that your subtitle is in sync after a few minutes it gets out of sync and gradually gets worse.
XBMC could calculate a factor by looking at your sync corrections and use this factor along the way to keep the subtitle in sync.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
1. map subtitle offset to keys on your remote (thats what i did for easy access and it eases the usage extremely)
3. are you sure that this would really work?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-07-14, 16:19)Memphiz Wrote: 1. map subtitle offset to keys on your remote (thats what i did for easy access and it eases the usage extremely)
3. are you sure that this would really work?

1. Thanks, Yes I use the offset control to key mapping too, but it's a super easy fix to close the menu and it's just better for the (amature) end user.
3. Yes. After posting this idea I found that VLC does give the user the option of providing a sync factor. Only XBMC can do it better:
  • User corrects subtitlte sync with OSD offset menu
  • User needs to correct subtitle sync again with OSD offset menu (this time factor is shown on screen and will be used progressively (second offset / first offset))
  • From now on the factor can be updated by the user to get a very accurate sync that lasts for the duration of the movie

VLC: https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:...subsdelay/
This won't work - i am watching a tv Show atm where i need to alter the Offset after each Cut out advertisement - applying a Rolling factor would screw it up for me without a workaround at all...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Of course it won't work for your example, but there are many where this would work.
I for example am watching a series released on bluray and the available dvd srt subtiltes get gradually more out of sync.
so you suggest this to be a setting? Or you suggest that fixing your use case breaks mine? Wink
Automatically syncing subtitles is just not possible. The only scenario that could potentially be fixed automatically is if you're using NTSC subs for a PAL video and vice versa, but even then it's hard to determine whether that's actually the case or not. Just looking at the last subtitle occurence and the video length is not enough to tell the whole story since as Memphiz said any difference can be due to cuts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle improvements0