Ipad air to apple tv keyboard will not show up when searching.
I have an ipad air jailbroken on 7.1.2 and a iphone 5s jailbroken on 7.1.2 as well, when mirroring full screen to my apple tv 3 it works great, expect whenever I try to search within a add-on. Upon more research i found anytime the keyboard shows on the tv it will not let me input anything. A keyboard use to pop up on the screen of my phone or ipad now nothing. I tried to install the latest nightlies and also installed 13.0, 12.1.3 and still nothing. Im back to gotham 13.1. Any help would be great thank you. Also i have tried to search with google and with the internal search here, everything that has been coming up is older. It seems like no one else is having this propblem with the latest build of gotham and latest jailbreak. I also looked through my logs and did see anything that looked out of the ordinary. I will post those as well

edit by memphiz: removed log
this is a known issue with no solution so far. The workaround would be to use the iphone with xbmc official remote app to control xbmc. Keep in mind that the mirroring via airplay works by accident only because it uses the same codeas the tvout. The tvout feature only has basic controls as you already know - this excludes keyboard usage sadly...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
First off I tip my hat to you Memphiz, you are the man. Out of every search I do you always post something helpful, or insightful, your knowledge is greatly appreciated. Hopefully a fix can happen. What I have done in the mean time was move my atv2 back to my living room and put the 3 in the bedroom. I hate using the 2 just because of how slow it runs xbmc. But anyhow thank you again for your help. Is there anything I can do to help find a fix?
implement it Smile - i tried it and it didn't work as expected as multiscreen programming on ios seems to be a bit low priority on apple side and feels buggy (thats why my attemps didn't work out at least).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ipad air to apple tv keyboard will not show up when searching.0