CTV GO add-on request
Canada - CTV GO

anyone able to make this one happen ?
if you need access to a computer in canada to help get this done, let me know.........
I'd rather someone takeover and update the Canada On Demand (link) Add-on.
I disagree a little

I much prefer to see content form each network
having a CTV Go , GlobalTV and CITY TV separated just like the CBC one woud be ideal simply because they are separate
sites with different web players....
would be easier for them to fix issues per site, as opposed to trying to get 12 different ones built into one, and then having to figure out
where the issues are.
plus it looks cleaner on your system as to what content you are looking for.

there is already a ABC and NBC one from T1m
hoping they can get a CBS, FOX, and CW app going to get content from too in near future
My previous post was over a year ago before tlm/learningit had created the Canadian content add-ons. I use several of those now and it's great to have the individual Canadian channel add-ons.

http://addons.kodi.tv/author/t1m/
T1m is doing a fantastic job
wish i had half a clue how its done or where to learn this stuff at

:o)

getting too old
brain is not a sponge anymore
more like self-levelling cement lately.........
(2015-10-12, 18:11)Swiper the Fox Wrote: there is already a ABC and NBC one from T1m
hoping they can get a CBS, FOX, and CW app going to get content from too in near future
The CBS addon is under WRAL which has both local and national CBS content including classics.
As for FOX or CW, I don't think I bring anything to the table the USTVVOD doesn't already have, so I probably won't do add-ons for them.

You're never too old. Looking at the picture of the Devcon meeting, I have underwear in the drawer that's older than most, if not all, of them.
(2015-10-13, 22:57)learningit Wrote:
(2015-10-12, 18:11)Swiper the Fox Wrote: there is already a ABC and NBC one from T1m
The CBS addon is under WRAL which has both local and national CBS content including classics.
As for FOX or CW, I don't think I bring anything to the table the USTVVOD doesn't already have, so I probably won't do add-ons for them.

You're never too old. Looking at the picture of the Devcon meeting, I have underwear in the drawer that's older than most, if not all, of them.

not sure why i did not notice WRAL (thanks)

as for CW and FOX, personally i much prefer to see the networks content online to watch it as opposed to
USTVNOW which is a live stream/broadcast

any chance on CTV / Global / CITY TV for Canadian content ?
Thanks again !!
well, i sit corrected
I thought all the USTV add-ons were all 'live' stream related
this one does have FOX and the CW along with the others and more
does not seem like they have 'older' episodes, but does do the job

would still like the canadian CTV, Global and CITYTV networks created

Thanks again !
Quote:You're never too old. Looking at the picture of the Devcon meeting, I have underwear in the drawer that's older than most, if not all, of them.

well,
need some pointers on the entire thing if you could.

something that will explain to a complete and utter fool, the necessary tools / steps needed to say
i want to create an add on
how do i get : content from website ( ctv for example ) and create an addon to scrape for this info and display it on the screen

see lots of tutorials on python, scraping etc.. but nothing yet that explains then entire process from a - z how to get addon created from start to finish

thanks
Have a look here: 209948 (thread)

Probably best not to try for CTV or Global most of their content is DRM-protected, which is both a pain and, as I understand it, not legal in most territories to strip. Interestingly, the live streams for both are not DRM'd.

You can look at a simple addon ( something like plugin.video.cbsn ) to understand the basics of scraping a simple website. It takes a bit of knowing HTML, javascript and python. You basically look at the source (in HTML, javascript and maybe something else) looking for how content can be presented/navigated and then how you obtain the video links for the content.

It looks like I have a lot of addons, but basically there are only 4 or 5 content providers (like brightcove, theplatform, kaltura, etc) in use and then variations on gui navigation/presentation for the network website. I don't use any tools other than a chrome browser (with a user agent switcher extension) and wordpad to analyze a website. Chrome (or any other browser) lets you see the source code of the website to be scraped. I usually just create a new addon by copying an old one in the Kodi addons directory, renaming it and then working on it in place. Use print statements to dump info you need to see in the Kodi debug log. There are IDEs and debuggers available if that's your thing.

Start small by changing an existing addon to display a different color text, more metadata, etc. until you get the hang of the addon API programming. Documentation on the API is here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/docs/python-docs/.

Development questions can be asked in the forum here: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26 The folks that watch the dev forum really know the inner workings of Kodi and are very helpful (though I wish someone would answer my questions about closed captions).
Thanks......... I will see what i can figure out. I have a good understanding of how to read the programming so, i'll try your tips / advice
it is much appreciated !!

not sure if i can get this cement head to soak up anything but,i'll give it a go !!
(2015-10-15, 02:57)Swiper the Fox Wrote: Thanks......... I will see what i can figure out. I have a good understanding of how to read the programming so, i'll try your tips / advice

not sure if i can get this cement head to soak up anything but,i'll give it a go !!

One other important thing - you need to get an avatar from a Dora the Explorer website.
(2015-10-15, 03:07)learningit Wrote:
(2015-10-15, 02:57)Swiper the Fox Wrote: Thanks......... I will see what i can figure out. I have a good understanding of how to read the programming so, i'll try your tips / advice

One other important thing - you need to get an avatar from a Dora the Explorer website.

okay !!
Rofl
(2015-10-14, 07:11)Swiper the Fox Wrote: well, i sit corrected

Thanks again !
If there are missing episodes that are avaible for free on the websites then post in the ustvvod thread and it will get looked at.
(2015-10-15, 09:31)slices Wrote:
(2015-10-14, 07:11)Swiper the Fox Wrote: well, i sit corrected

Thanks again !
If there are missing episodes that are avaible for free on the websites then post in the ustvvod thread and it will get looked at.

what i meant was, it does not seem to show 'older seasons'
it is only showing you current episodes for this season
no biggie.......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CTV GO add-on request0