Can XBMC be installed on Micca EP350 G2
Hi super noob here, I have been searching all you tube and google and just constantly looking on the wiki and I have not found the answer for this. So I ask you experts in here, and I hope i am in the right place to ask, Can I add XBMC to an Micca EP350 G2? It has all the components to run it, but I dont know how to add and interface because the micca interface sucks,and XBMC has all the bells and whistles to make this media player flow. It is very fast it plays all my media that I have on a NAS fast no lag 1080P true hd sound also. But the interface is so blaaah. So please help a noob out and please be detailed and how to install XBMC if it can. I have a hard drive in it too I think 250GB to store anything on it, but I usually stream it from my NAS, but I was thinking could I put windows on the hard drive or Linux or Android. So please any help will do, please help me xbmc gods lol thanks in advance.
Nope.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
So there is no way to install xbmc on it? Just curious why cant it? Need some details if there is no way around it? Thanks for any help or details.
Doesn't the EP350 have a Realtek 1185 chip? I don't believe it has enough horsepower to run XBMC. From what I've read, neither the Sigma or Reaktek chips in media players like Micca, WDTV, Popcorn Hour, etc. can support XBMC.

If you want XBMC with hd audio, I'd recommend a Chromebox or Intel NUC. Former is cheaper. There are two long threads on it in this forum. I got one recently and it boots up fast (I'm using OpenELEC standalone) and full BD rips play well over wired network, with passthrough for TrueHD and DTS-HD.
My HT
Ok thanks hdmkv for the good advice, yeah cheaper the better I am strapped for money, but tell me again which one you got out of the two a chrombox or intel NUC? what model number and how much I want almost the cheapest? Thanks again
Asus Chromebox off newegg sale at $169 shipped. If you don't need hd audio and can live w/o VC-1 support (two big caveats obviously), Amazon FireTV is a good XBMC option for $99.
My HT
(2014-07-15, 15:11)hale93 Wrote: Hi super noob here, I have been searching all you tube and google and just constantly looking on the wiki and I have not found the answer for this. So I ask you experts in here, and I hope i am in the right place to ask, Can I add XBMC to an Micca EP350 G2? It has all the components to run it, but I dont know how to add and interface because the micca interface sucks,and XBMC has all the bells and whistles to make this media player flow. It is very fast it plays all my media that I have on a NAS fast no lag 1080P true hd sound also. But the interface is so blaaah. So please help a noob out and please be detailed and how to install XBMC if it can. I have a hard drive in it too I think 250GB to store anything on it, but I usually stream it from my NAS, but I was thinking could I put windows on the hard drive or Linux or Android. So please any help will do, please help me xbmc gods lol thanks in advance.

kind of late but have you thought of a raspberry pi.

there are different versions of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Pi-Model...spberry+pi

cant beat the price for less then 40$. i also read that you may be able to put the android os in the programs section of this application.

this was the one i bought. issue is that they all of a suddenly became popular so the price increased.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can XBMC be installed on Micca EP350 G20