Solved Channel OSD & Show channel information
Question 
I noticed something while using LiveTV this week, regarding channel info and channel switching.

I have the following settings enabled under LiveTV > Menu\OSD:

Now, when in fullscreen and watching a channel, you can press up \ down (or just type in the channel number) to change the channel. When doing this, based on the settings above, channel information pops-up for each changed channel (and closes after a few seconds). So this works the way it should.

But when selecting a channel via the "Channel OSD" dialog (while in fullscreen), based on the settings above, the dialog closes. But no channel information is shown. I feel this is missing.
Because if we choose to enable "show channel information when switching channels", it should work that way in all fullscreen-dialogs\views.

I've made this change for myself, and it works as it is supposed to. But it would be great if XBMC-team could add this to a future release.

Line 219 @ GUIDialogPVRChannelsOSD.cpp
Code:
{
     if (CSettings::Get().GetBool("pvrmenu.infoswitch" ))
     {
        int iTimeout = CSettings::Get().GetBool("pvrmenu.infotimeout" ) ? CSettings::Get().GetInt("pvrmenu.infotime" ) : 0;
        g_PVRManager.ShowPlayerInfo(iTimeout);
     }

Close();
}
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
You mean if you have "Close channel OSD after switching channels" AND "Show channel information when switching channels" you want to see the OSD briefly after switching?
Correct Smile
I've seen that dreambox\enigma2-based stb's, and my cable-box do this by default.

It is perhaps usless when using the default Confluence skin, because of the limited information shown in the infobar. But when using my mod, it comes in handy Smile

This is the infobar that my mod for Aeon-nox 5 uses.
http://i.imgur.com/Q0jUO00.png
it would be nice if you could create a pull request for this on github.
Me?
IMO the first 3 settings shown in the above picture can be merged into 1:
"Show channel info when switching channels:" no/never,1-10sec,permanent

but IMO "permanent" can be dropped - who would want the channel info to be permanent on switches?
@da-anda the "channel info" and the "OSD channel picker" are two different things so I don't think we can merge the settings for these into one.
(2014-07-18, 21:13)negge Wrote: Me?

no, i mean Maniac Wink
@negge da-anda means the first 3 where you activate show info, close automatically and the duration.
i agree, we only need 0 = off, 1-X sec = on.

im not sure if we can mix labels like off, 1-X sec, can we?
with a custom settings filler it should be possible xhaggi - unfortunately not with pure XML magic AFAIK, but Montellese would know best.
okay, i'll look into detail and unify the settings. @Maniac i'll also take over fixing your described issue.
quick and dirty Wink ... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5060
Awesome. Thank you! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel OSD & Show channel information0