• 4(current)
Release Audio Profiles - Easy switch between different audio settings
(2015-08-12, 22:58)crogers1975 Wrote: I have a receiver that will only accept analog audio to zone 2. Will this addon allow me to have audio going to my main speakers via HDMI and zone 2 simultaneously? Trying to figure this issue out. Thanks.

No unfortunately not. This addon allows you to switch audio settings easily, but at any time the sound comes out of only one device. For simultaneous output to two devices you need the unofficial dual audio patch, see here. There is an Isengard version despite the title of the thread, but it is only released for Openelec.
Hi Regss,

First, thank you for a great plugin. It work exactly as described.

However I do think usage can be a bit confusing at first.

I was in my couch with only my phone and my remote when I read about the plugin which has functionality that I really needed.

I installed it via the remote, but when I tried to add the plugin as a shortcut by editing skin settings of the default skin's program page I realized that selecting the shortcut did not do as I expected but rather facilitated saving of the configuration profiles. After re-reading the instruction in the forum I figured out that I had to edit files before I could actually use the plugin, which included getting out of the cozy couch to find my pc Wink

I am aware of the keyboard shortcut, url trigger and the favorite item, which all are very flexible and nice ways of using the plugin, but I still need a simple icon/shortcut below the programs entry in the main menu of the default skin home page that I can click and guide others to click.

May I suggest that the main entry point (launching the plugin) are changed to execute the plugin's main functionality, "display profile list" or "cycle profile", and not the configuration which you probably only need once or twice anyway.

Additional there could be added a configuration option to change main execution to either be "cycle profile" or "display list of profiles" just like the one that can already be activated on "play media start".

Finally saving of the configuration could be moved to the 4 entry profile list where you currently activate/deactivates profiles and edit there names.

With above changes you could get up and running entirely with a remote and execution of the main icon would have a logical purpose beyond initial one time setup and also the ability to be placed in the plugin shortcut trays on the skins home screen for easy access.

I hope my suggestion are usable!

Best regards,
iCE
Using Kod 15,1 Final on Win 8.1 script audio profilse 1.04

The Problem, cant save the diffrent settings for the Audioprofiles. how can i fix this?
Just tried on windows 10 + kodi 15.1 final...no problem

Read my instructions pages before
i go back to 14.2 , installing and configurating the Addon, Install Isengard 15.1 and all is correct.
strange,....i made a fresh installation just for testing cause i use open elec....
I currently use the dual audio patch on 14.1, I don't think it's been developed yet for 15.1 (?) - but as said previously, I don't actually use it to listen to both outputs at the same time (echo/delay) - but to easily listen to either one (usually by having the TV volume down).
Does this addon let me assign a button (Harmony remote) to simply toggle between HDMI and Optical audio - in 15.1?

Thanks!
SJW1 there is an unofficial dual audio patch version of Isenguard (15.0) and I guess it won't be updated until after OpenELEC is, but if you aren't wanting simultaneous audio from different outputs then this audio profiles switcher addon is the simpler solution. And yes works with 15.1.

Generally you can assign a remote control button press to run a script much the same as a keyboard key press, don't know about Harmony in particular.
Yes i confirm what DaveBlake wrote
I use a key function, and you can also use harmony key

I wrote several pages ago an how to
So how does this work? Is it actual Kodi profiles - or an audio profile that you can select with a keypress?
How do I run a script with a keypress? Why is the script needed (and what is its contents)?
it's all explained in this 3ad
The terminology seems to have confused you. Addons, including the audio profile switcher, are Python scripts. One action of this addon is to capture the current audio output settings as an "audio profile" - not a Kodi user profile but just a convenient collection of settings. Think of it like like preset buttons on the car radio. So you set up the output one way, capture that as preset1 "audio profile"; change the audio settings and capture that as preset2 etc. (you can have upto 4 of these).

Another action of the addon is to actually swap the current audio output settings between preset values ("audio profiles"). It is most convenient to associate this with a keyboard key or remote control button.

But politely I suggest that you read through this thread, your "how do I do it" questions are answered there already.
(2015-08-27, 12:52)Roby77 Wrote: it's all explained in this 3ad
Thanks - but I don't understand what 3ad means.
I don't see where I tell the system that, for example audio profile 1 (TV) outputs to HDMI, but audio profile 2 (Amp), outputs to SPDIF.
Step 1
Go to Programs -> Audio profile -> not run it but choose from context menu -> Configure Add-on
Enable two profiles and add it names that you want

Step 2
Go to System -> Audio settings
Set settings for first profile for example TV by the analog output 2.0
Go to Programs -> Audio profile -> run it
Save settings as first profile

Step 3
Repeat Step 2 and set settings for digital like SPDIF or HDMI and save as second profile

Step 4
Now. You can switch between profiles using key map. I suggest to test it on keyboard keymap.
Thanks for that. I am OK up to step 3.
Initially I thought that selecting the profile from addons actually switched to that profile - but it in fact overwrites the profile you select with the current settings (yes?).
So, once I have 2 profiles set up, how do I switch between them?
i.e., once set up as above, if I want to push T to have TV sound and A for amp sound, what do I do?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles - Easy switch between different audio settings3