v14 Neon 4.0.0 - Development discussion
Neon is in extreme alpha stage for Kodi v14 'Helix' and should not be expected to work properly at this point in time!

Patches / pull requests are more than welcome.

What needs to be done ?
The development github branch is located here: https://github.com/kib/skin.neon/tree/Helix
A list of all the required changes can be found in the Changes to the skinning engine for XBMC Helix
Once in a while I'll cherrypick changes done to the Gotham branch into the Helix branch.

Version numbering:
The current version number for the Helix branch is currently set at 3.9.0.
The idea is to only update the version number a few times before finishing implementing all the Helix changes, and to then submit the skin to the Helix repository with version number 4.0.0 so we keep a main version number which is going in line with the XBMC versions.
List of all of the changes done to the skinning engine for XBMC Helix and if they have been done for Neon:
taken from the posts in this thread

Strikethrough lines have been done, click the 'done' link to see the relevant commit.
Bold lines still need to be done, comments in red.

2014-05-08 xbmc.gui version bump done
2014-05-08 unification of control IDs across all dialogs/windows which contain settings done
2014-05-17 Add button to addon info dialog to start installed addons from addonbrowser done
2014-05-23 xbmc.gui version bump done
2014-05-23 remove backward compatibility of converting edit controls to buttons done
2014-05-23 $INFO[] images in (fixed/wrap) list / panel containers will use aspect=stretch by default now done
2014-05-23 label alignment change inside containers
^ This change causes massive breakage for Neon, partially fixed with 1c14ccc
2014-05-26 Font.xml - remove unicode attribute done
2014-06-15 Fixed: upper-casing of accented characters
^ This change probably doesn't impact Neon, but needs to be checked - waiting for this user
2014-07-13 Rewrite of PVR windows massive change - can be done in parts.
2014-07-13 xbmc.gui version bump done
2014-06-10 Changed "Enable auto-updates" for add-on from radiobutton to button
I have just cherrypicked all changes and fixes done to Neon 3.0.7 into the Helix branch.
Kodi 14.0 "Helix". Try install Neon 3.9.x for Kodi 14 (Helix) from zip file from you link.
But get message: "Dependencies not met. Please contact add-on author."
(2015-01-07, 17:19)mad1van Wrote: Kodi 14.0 "Helix". Try install Neon 3.9.x for Kodi 14 (Helix) from zip file from you link.
But get message: "Dependencies not met. Please contact add-on author."

Neon does not have a ready-to-use version for Kodi yet - it's still in the development stages, but at the moment it looks like it's not moving unfortunately.
Is it possible somehow to make a version for Kodi available were only the mayor problems (the most importand Menus) are fixed? A big thank you in advance!
Some changes were implemented recently. If others would like to contribute this would be appreciated
Pull request submitted here: https://github.com/kib/skin.neon/pull/70
  • Update Trasifex translations - actually re-add them, they seem to have gotten dropped
  • Rebrand for Kodi
  • Fix Context Menu Dialog
  • Fix edit controls
  • Fix keyboard controls

The upper-casing of capital characters has been fixed in Helix:

And looks like Kib got to it before I finished this post....
I didn't review the changes Smile

Your track record is more than good enough.
I will bump a first helix test version and make a zip available here, probably today.
I think I've got the main PVR stuff sorted, though I know there are issues with the PVR dialogs still. I'm on vacation this weekend, but I'll take a look when I get back.

https://github.com/kib/skin.neon/pull/72
(2015-02-20, 22:08)Bumpaneer Wrote: I think I've got the main PVR stuff sorted, though I know there are issues with the PVR dialogs still. I'm on vacation this weekend, but I'll take a look when I get back.

https://github.com/kib/skin.neon/pull/72

Thank you for including my request.
Please don't forget to include also "Media View 2" in Music
Thank You
Pull request has been amended with updated dialog boxes and fixed scrollbar code for a few views.
Submitted to official repo today as 4.0.0
Just tried Neon from the github zip (little buggy), just wanted to say it's really great, really like the simplicity of it. Can't wait for it to be approuved on official repo.
By the way, if you need help for Fr translation i'll be glad to help.
Can you detail out what is buggy?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neon 4.0.0 - Development discussion1