• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 6.6.15 for XBMC 13.x Gotham [DEPRECATED]
Gade, Raspberry Pi testing can start in about 2 weeks. Sorry I can't manage to help out earlier. I think the slowness issue might have been caused by OpenElec though. According to the release notes a recent beta update increased responsiveness on the RPi. Fingers crossed.

Congrats on getting Rapier into the repository, makes updates so much easier.

Unfortunately I'll have to update my custom code every time now to display the movie title in Thumbs Info view between the breadcrumbs and the content. I can't quite wrap my head around it having spent all day trying to figure it out.

Cloning Thumb Info view I broke all other views (the title showed up at the top and bottom, and the dark background frame was overlaid on top of all other views. Only Thumb Info 2 worked as desired).

I also tried making the Hide Title button in the Thumb Info options a toggle to switch between the two but just can't get it to work. Wondering if you have an idea how to do this. I'd love to see this as an official option. The good thing is that I'm starting to see the bigger bigger picture in your code, so the time wasn't wasted.

Here's the current working code for my dirty fix that doesn't break anything else, and below are two screenshots of the two title locations.

Code:
# font.xml
# inserted at line 224
        <font>
            <name>InfoPaneFont3</name>
            <filename>default-bold-caps.ttf</filename>
            <size>30</size>
        </font>    

# includes_InfoPane.xml
# inserted at line 64
    <include name="InfoPaneItemTitle3">
        <left>-160</left>
        <top>-600</top>
        <width>1600</width>
        <font>InfoPaneFont3</font>
        <align>center</align>
        <textcolor>InfoPaneColor</textcolor>
        <shadowcolor>ShadowColor</shadowcolor>
        <scroll>yes</scroll>
        <scrollsuffix> - </scrollsuffix>
        <include>InfoPaneLabelFadeAnim</include>
    </include>

# ViewMovies.xml
# changed at line 2007
        <include>InfoPaneItemTitle3</include>
watch gallery
Hi Christian,

Just a quick mention regarding <extras title>.nfo we use in VideoExtras. Perhaps you have tackled this already, nevertheless: the add-on currently provides a way to include a short plot for each extra on the list. It is stored in the <plot> field within this nfo. At the moment only one skin so far can display this plot which is Aeon Nox Gotham Plus (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.x). We can't even display it in Confluence yet! It would be necessary to modify the stock skin, and that isn't easy per se Wink

Do you see a way Rapier could support this? Something like a 1-line plot that could auto-scroll sideways for each extra in the extras list, if the plot exists in the <extra title>.nfo file? The reference on the wiki on this matter is http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...#NFO_Files

Cheers! Jav

EDIT: Good news! Rob managed to add this morning a 1-line scrolling Plot at the bottom of the extras list this that skinners should be able to adapt to their own skin via https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=472 and it should look like the following image. This plot can be toggled off/on at XBMC->Video->Library>Show plot for unwatched items ;-)

Obs: This is a link to warlion's aproaches back in April on displaying the plot:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1662623
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1660579
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-08-09, 11:41)Gade Wrote:
(2014-08-09, 11:00)SpikeyWelsh Wrote: the screen shots are looking really good it was something like that i was looking for, if we could have that come up as you start to play the video file it be cool

Thanks. Most of it is already available.

Press I on your keyboard or info etc. on your remote and it will pop up.

The only thing I fixed are the clear logos and clear art for both movies and tv shows + I did some modding.

I can change it so the dialog also displays when the video is paused?

is it posible to have it as you start a vid and when the vid is paused
(2014-08-19, 02:01)capfuturo Wrote: Hi Christian,

Just a quick mention regarding <extras title>.nfo we use in VideoExtras. Perhaps you have tackled this already, nevertheless: the add-on currently provides a way to include a short plot for each extra on the list. It is stored in the <plot> field within this nfo. At the moment only one skin so far can display this plot which is Aeon Nox Gotham Plus (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.x). We can't even display it in Confluence yet! It would be necessary to modify the stock skin, and that isn't easy per se Wink

Do you see a way Rapier could support this? Something like a 1-line plot that could auto-scroll sideways for each extra in the extras list, if the plot exists in the <extra title>.nfo file? The reference on the wiki on this matter is http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...#NFO_Files

Cheers! Jav

EDIT: Good news! Rob managed to add this morning a 1-line scrolling Plot at the bottom of the extras list this that skinners should be able to adapt to their own skin via https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=472 and it should look like the following image. This plot can be toggled off/on at XBMC->Video->Library>Show plot for unwatched items ;-)

Obs: This is a link to warlion's aproaches back in April on displaying the plot:

Hi Jav.

Thanks for the heads up. That's great news.

I have added the plot with an option in the menubar to enable or disable it.

You are more than welcome to test it out. It will be a great help as I don't have any nfo's for the extras. Download the skin files here. Smile

The update will be available in the next version of Rapier.

Cheers
Christian
(2014-08-19, 01:38)Westward Wrote: Gade, Raspberry Pi testing can start in about 2 weeks. Sorry I can't manage to help out earlier. I think the slowness issue might have been caused by OpenElec though. According to the release notes a recent beta update increased responsiveness on the RPi. Fingers crossed.

Hi Westward.

That sounds great about testing Raspberry Pi. I can't wait to hear what you find out Smile

(2014-08-19, 01:38)Westward Wrote: Congrats on getting Rapier into the repository, makes updates so much easier.

Unfortunately I'll have to update my custom code every time now to display the movie title in Thumbs Info view between the breadcrumbs and the content. I can't quite wrap my head around it having spent all day trying to figure it out.

Cloning Thumb Info view I broke all other views (the title showed up at the top and bottom, and the dark background frame was overlaid on top of all other views. Only Thumb Info 2 worked as desired).

I also tried making the Hide Title button in the Thumb Info options a toggle to switch between the two but just can't get it to work. Wondering if you have an idea how to do this. I'd love to see this as an official option. The good thing is that I'm starting to see the bigger bigger picture in your code, so the time wasn't wasted.

You have to use the most recent code from Rapier. Some views etc. have change ID's due to new menubar buttons, so maybe this is what's breaking your views.

I would maybe take a slightly different approach to your custom code.
  • Add the font to Font.xml
  • Add this after line 1989 in ViewsMovies.xml (and a similar place in other views):
Code:
<include>WestwardTitle</include>
  • Add this somewhere in Views.xml:
Code:
<include name="WestwardTitle">
    <control type="label">
         <top>57</top>
         <width>1280</width>
         <align>center</align>
         <font>InfoPaneFont3</font>
         <textcolor>InfoPaneColor</textcolor>
         <shadowcolor>ShadowColor</shadowcolor>
         <scroll>yes</scroll>
         <include>InfoPaneLabelFadeAnim</include>
         <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
    </control>
</include>

Btw. there's no need to disable the title label in the info pane (bottom center). You can just enable the clear logos instead Smile
There's a view option to enable the title in the breadcrumbs. Is that an idea instead of your custom hack? The thing is, that the leftover space between the breadcrumbs and the actual view is used by the menubar.

Hope this helps!
(2014-08-19, 18:34)SpikeyWelsh Wrote:
(2014-08-09, 11:41)Gade Wrote: Thanks. Most of it is already available.

Press I on your keyboard or info etc. on your remote and it will pop up.

The only thing I fixed are the clear logos and clear art for both movies and tv shows + I did some modding.

I can change it so the dialog also displays when the video is paused?

is it posible to have it as you start a vid and when the vid is paused

I will consider adding something when the video is paused. Until then, you can use "I" or "Info" etc. to see the dialog.
Quote:
Code:
Skin   Version   Downloads   Start date
rapier   6.0.2      11.347      11-8-2014

Gade,

Over a thousand downloads a day for the latest 6.0.2 and countless others no doubt from the old non-repo links!

You can count 6 of these from me as Ive spent the week setting up XBMC & media libraries for friends. All rocking Rapier as the skin Smile

Just another thanks from a regular user Big Grin
(2014-08-22, 17:38)IAmTheDude360 Wrote:
Quote:
Code:
Skin   Version   Downloads   Start date
rapier   6.0.2      11.347      11-8-2014

Gade,

Over a thousand downloads a day for the latest 6.0.2 and countless others no doubt from the old non-repo links!

You can count 6 of these from me as Ive spent the week setting up XBMC & media libraries for friends. All rocking Rapier as the skin Smile

Just another thanks from a regular user Big Grin

Yeah, that's a pretty nice start. Let's hope people keep using the skin after downloading Smile

Thanks so much for supporting and recommending Rapier! It's great with positive feedback!
@Gade did you test LiveTV setup already?
(2014-08-20, 21:21)Gade Wrote:
(2014-08-19, 02:01)capfuturo Wrote: Hi Christian,

Cheers! Jav

Hi Jav.

Thanks for the heads up. That's great news.

I have added the plot with an option in the menubar to enable or disable it.

You are more than welcome to test it out. It will be a great help as I don't have any nfo's for the extras. Download the skin files here. Smile

The update will be available in the next version of Rapier.

Cheers
Christian

Hello Christian,

I tested the patches and now plots are working like a charm (See by yourself below). One thing I have noticed for a long time is that I can't seem to have the fanart of the movie showing neither on info screen nor on extras list screen, whilst actually VideoExtras is programmed to set the fanart everytime it goes into the extras list as it exits from information pane or after playing an extra. The later actually just gives a black screen instead Huh, Jav.

PD: am I right in assuming the left icon with the ? sign is the video quality indicator (SD, HD, etc) which currently VideoExtras isn't capable of extracting from the extras files (not yet)?

Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
I just installed XMBC 13.2 and Rapier 6.0.2 and I noticed adding custom categories to the home screen still isn't working. It doesn't error quite as much as it used to but it simply takes me to the video library instead of the favorites entry I have setup in the options.

I actually just found a fix for this issue. Inside of the guisettings.xml under userdata I found the line for the custom category and simply editing that line fixes the issue.

Original line:
<setting type="string" name="skin.rapier.Custom1BtnParam">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;F:\&quot;,return,return)</setting>
Fixed line:
<setting type="string" name="skin.rapier.Custom1BtnParam">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;F:\&quot;)</setting>

I believe I posted before that I thought the "return" inside of that activatewindow() was the issue and it appears that is correct. So if it'd be possible to not add that when a custom category is created that should fix the issue.

Other wise I'm loving the skin and that it's available from inside XBMC now. Thanks for all the work.
(2014-08-23, 04:49)capfuturo Wrote: Hello Christian,

I tested the patches and now plots are working like a charm (See by yourself below). One thing I have noticed for a long time is that I can't seem to have the fanart of the movie showing neither on info screen nor on extras list screen, whilst actually VideoExtras is programmed to set the fanart everytime it goes into the extras list as it exits from information pane or after playing an extra. The later actually just gives a black screen instead Huh, Jav.

PD: am I right in assuming the left icon with the ? sign is the video quality indicator (SD, HD, etc) which currently VideoExtras isn't capable of extracting from the extras files (not yet)?

Hi Jav.

Great news that the plot is working - and thanks for the screenshot, which is a big help since I don't have nfo's for videoextra files.

I haven't touches the fanart in the video extras window since you wrote it worked back under Frodo. Rapier use the exact same fanart for the videoinformation window as in the movie library, and again for the videoextras window. But I actually just got an idea for a different approach Smile

The ? icon is reserved for the video quality as you mention. I was thinking about replacing with a thumb, but I think it will be way too small.

Christian

(2014-08-23, 20:42)pball Wrote: I just installed XMBC 13.2 and Rapier 6.0.2 and I noticed adding custom categories to the home screen still isn't working. It doesn't error quite as much as it used to but it simply takes me to the video library instead of the favorites entry I have setup in the options.

I actually just found a fix for this issue. Inside of the guisettings.xml under userdata I found the line for the custom category and simply editing that line fixes the issue.

Original line:
<setting type="string" name="skin.rapier.Custom1BtnParam">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;F:\&quot;,return,return)</setting>
Fixed line:
<setting type="string" name="skin.rapier.Custom1BtnParam">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;F:\&quotWink</setting>

I believe I posted before that I thought the "return" inside of that activatewindow() was the issue and it appears that is correct. So if it'd be possible to not add that when a custom category is created that should fix the issue.

Other wise I'm loving the skin and that it's available from inside XBMC now. Thanks for all the work.

Hi pball.

Yeah, it's a known bug.

Unfortunately I didn't write the code for the custom categories, so it takes a while figuring out. I will give it some more attention as soon as possible.

The ",return" command is needed to return the user directly to the home screen from the current window. If it doesn't exist, some windows will take several click to get back to the home screen. The double command though is definately an error.

What happens if you manually edit the string leaving only 1 ",return" command?
(2014-08-24, 14:30)Gade Wrote:
(2014-08-23, 04:49)capfuturo Wrote: Hello Christian,

Hi Jav.

Great news that the plot is working - and thanks for the screenshot, which is a big help since I don't have nfo's for videoextra files.

I haven't touches the fanart in the video extras window since you wrote it worked back under Frodo. Rapier use the exact same fanart for the videoinformation window as in the movie library, and again for the videoextras window. But I actually just got an idea for a different approach Smile

The ? icon is reserved for the video quality as you mention. I was thinking about replacing with a thumb, but I think it will be way too small.

Christian
Hi Christian,

New ideas, always good news! I think it may help to let you know that the fanart background does indeed appear, however it does so only when returning to the extras list screen after playing an extra but unfortunately it is overridden almost immediately by this black background.

Jav
Best,

capfuturo

(2014-08-24, 15:58)capfuturo Wrote:
(2014-08-24, 14:30)Gade Wrote: Hi Jav.

Christian
Hi Christian,

New ideas, always good news! I think it may help to let you know that the fanart background does indeed appear, however it does so only when returning to the extras list screen after playing an extra but unfortunately it is overridden almost immediately by this black background.

Jav

Hi Jav.

I did some digging into the issue and it actually might be because of tv tunes playing music (couldn't help noticing music playing in your screenshot). Could you please try the exact same screenshot without any music playing and see if fanart appear? The thing is that Rapier will try to display fanart for the music playing. I might have to code some workaround when tv tunes is playing the music.

EDIT: Afterwards, could you please try downloading these files. They should (hopefully) include all bugfixing for the fanart backgrounds.

Cheers
Christian
(2014-08-24, 19:32)Gade Wrote:
(2014-08-24, 15:58)capfuturo Wrote:
(2014-08-24, 14:30)Gade Wrote: Hi Jav.

Christian
Hi Christian,

Jav

Hi Jav.

I did some digging into the issue and it actually might be because of tv tunes playing music (couldn't help noticing music playing in your screenshot). Could you please try the exact same screenshot without any music playing and see if fanart appear? The thing is that Rapier will try to display fanart for the music playing. I might have to code some workaround when tv tunes is playing the music.

EDIT: Afterwards, could you please try downloading these files. They should (hopefully) include all bugfixing for the fanart backgrounds.

Cheers
Christian

Good evening Christian,

Turning the music off fixes the issue on both screens, info and extras list. After applying the patches and turning on the music again, only the info screen keeps the image, whilst the extras list brings in the black background again. Furthermore, returning to the info screen as one exits from the extras list doesn't show the fanart anymore and the black background prevails. Only exiting into the video library view resets things so the fanart can be seen again in the information screen. Does this help? Wink

Jav
Best,

capfuturo

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 6.6.15 for XBMC 13.x Gotham [DEPRECATED]1