• 11(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 6.6.15 for XBMC 13.x Gotham [DEPRECATED]
Great to hear! Smile

Glad you got it sorted out.

So you have switched to Kodi Helix?
Not yet. I was a little afraid to try it after reading all the comments in the beta announcement. I was mainly worried that the anime scraper I use wouldn't work in Helix and I need to rescrape my entire anime collection. So I'll just wait for the final release.

Gotham is already so good for what I use it for that I can't really see a need to upgrade anymore other than to keep up with the skins that break with each version. Hope the new version isn't going to break too many of the scripts and scrapers out there. Everything is finally working great just in time to break again!
Yeah I know what you mean. Helix is looking good and fast though Smile

There's always issues etc until the final release and some skins/add-ons take a while to get updated to the new version. I really like to follow the development and see the progress once the first betas get released.
Hi Thales.

I actually found Rapier's movie set support to be a little rushed. So I took some time updating it and also adding support for script.skin.info.service, which has some nice movie set info. At the moment the script requires manual installation.

If you would like (and others too), I have uploaded the test version of Rapier including the script for manual installation.

Download it here.
Hello and thanks for this amazing skin..

I really looked everywhere to find a skin that works with mouse well, since most of them are written for tv boxes.

Just a two things i wanted from these skin (if i didnt missed them somewhere in settings)

1)Ability to not allowed looping in the main menu. Since i use the scrolling from the mouse it just running in circles.

2)Like in the default skin when i point the mouse into a category in main menu to be able to select it even tho its not in the middle. If i click now it just selects the middle button and not the side ones. Also, like in the default skin, if i point my mouse to any category then it shows the sub-menus. That will be cool too.

3) Last to show somewhere the media info in the playing screen. I mean to show if the video is SD HD etc and the sound codec etc.

Thanks again
Hi karserasl and welcome to the forums.

Glad to hear yóu like the skin.

(2014-12-13, 02:48)karserasl Wrote: 1)Ability to not allowed looping in the main menu. Since i use the scrolling from the mouse it just running in circles.

I know what you mean. The way the menu is designed, I'm afraid this is not possible.

(2014-12-13, 02:48)karserasl Wrote: 2)Like in the default skin when i point the mouse into a category in main menu to be able to select it even tho its not in the middle. If i click now it just selects the middle button and not the side ones. Also, like in the default skin, if i point my mouse to any category then it shows the sub-menus. That will be cool too.

I will try to look at the code if it's possible to make the category menus to the left or right selectable.

The submenu request does not fit in with the design of the skin (to display submenus of categories not in the center of the screen).

(2014-12-13, 02:48)karserasl Wrote: 3) Last to show somewhere the media info in the playing screen. I mean to show if the video is SD HD etc and the sound codec etc.

When you play video or music fullscreen, you can display the media info dialog by pressing "I" on your remote or keyboard.

Hope this helps Smile

Btw, if you use a mouse or touch, the navigation buttons in the home screen menu are a great help. You can enable them in the Skin Settings -> Home -> Show navigation buttons.
Wow, thanks for the movie set update Gade. I'm just now getting to try it out. I'm up to 23 sets now and everything is working great. I use Ember to setup the artwork for the sets and then the Movie Set Artwork Automator addon to change all the artwork.

I was hoping there would be a way to add a little info about the movie sets when I saw Ember can now create info files for them. Looks like Phil's script does even better. I'm just not really sure how to use it though. I only saw the movie posters when scrolling through the movie sets and no other info. Didn't see a context menu for it either. I also could never get Phil's ExtendedInfo Script working either to show all the actor info. So I'm going to have to read up on how to run the scripts.

I'll just go ahead and upgrade to Helix tomorrow and see if I can get them working. Sounds like RC3 is pretty stable and you've got a Helix Rapier now. Helix Rapier should be pretty neat once I get the scripts running.
(2014-12-21, 12:47)Thales Wrote: Wow, thanks for the movie set update Gade. I'm just now getting to try it out. I'm up to 23 sets now and everything is working great. I use Ember to setup the artwork for the sets and then the Movie Set Artwork Automator addon to change all the artwork.

Hi Thales.

Great to hear that you like the updated movie set support in Rapier.

(2014-12-21, 12:47)Thales Wrote: I was hoping there would be a way to add a little info about the movie sets when I saw Ember can now create info files for them. Looks like Phil's script does even better. I'm just not really sure how to use it though. I only saw the movie posters when scrolling through the movie sets and no other info. Didn't see a context menu for it either. I also could never get Phil's ExtendedInfo Script working either to show all the actor info. So I'm going to have to read up on how to run the scripts.

If you have installed the update of Rapier and Phil's script.skin.info.service, the script runs automatically, so there's no need to do anything other than restart XBMC. The script provides info for the movie sets taken from the existing database, so it's runs pretty light. The context menu for movie sets is the same as before - nothing changed here.

Do you see the movie set info? It should look similar to this:

For now Rapier only uses small parts of script.extendedinfo, but I plan to add actor info and maybe also other stuff in the future.

(2014-12-21, 12:47)Thales Wrote: I'll just go ahead and upgrade to Helix tomorrow and see if I can get them working. Sounds like RC3 is pretty stable and you've got a Helix Rapier now. Helix Rapier should be pretty neat once I get the scripts running.

Sounds like a good idea to upgrade to Helix. Please let me know if you experience any problems or bugs in the Rapier Helix thread.

EDIT: I will add more views to the movie sets container. Right now only List View and Icon View are available, and they don't offer much movie set info. I myself use the regular movie library, where the sets also appear with the info from the script.
A new update is available. This update includes bugfixing and new features - some are described below. As usual, please report if you experience any bugs or have feature requests Smile

Rapier 6.4.0 is available through the official XBMC repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

Translation of the skin is now handled on Transifex. A huge thanks to all the translators for the great work - it's really appreciated!

Support for movie sets has been much improved. To take full advantage of this, you need to manually install script.skin.info.service.

CHANGELOG
Code:
6.4.0 (25-Dec-14)
- Added title to Live TV Channel view when video is playing.
- Bugfixing of Live TV.
- Added additional media flags.
- Update and bugfixing of OSD bookmarks dialog.
- Added watched/unwatched overlays in movie information, tv show information, episode information, music video information dialogs.
- Update of movie sets support in library windows and additional views added for movie sets.
- Added support for script.skin.info.service (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203196) for movie sets information.
- Fixed bug in custom panel type dialog.
- Added additional custom home category images to the extras folder.
- Added additional default icons.
- Added skin setting in "Media" to enable both visualization and artist fanart when playing music.
- Skinning and updated support for script.globalsearch.
- Added skin setting to display titles for home screen add-on shortcuts.
- Updated language files (thanks to alanwww1).
- Update and bugfixing of PVR Channel Manager dialog and PVR Group Management dialog.
- Added player controls to the home screen progress bar when playing music (for better touch support).
- Minor update of Kiosk Mode.

- Update of movie sets support in library windows and additional views added for movie sets. Support for script.skin.info.service.

- Skinning and updated support for script.globalsearch.

- Added skin setting to display titles for home screen add-on shortcuts.

- Added skin setting in "Media" to enable both visualization and artist fanart when playing music. Added player controls to the home screen progress bar when playing music.

ENJOY!
Hi guys.

It has just been brought to my attention (thanks to azuaro and phil65) that export and import of skin settings (using script.extendedinfo) in Rapier does no longer work.

If you wish to fix this issue before next release, you need to manually install script.toolbox using this link.

And install Rapier 6.4.1 manually using this link.
(2014-08-23, 20:42)pball Wrote: I just installed XMBC 13.2 and Rapier 6.0.2 and I noticed adding custom categories to the home screen still isn't working. It doesn't error quite as much as it used to but it simply takes me to the video library instead of the favorites entry I have setup in the options.

Because of all the great feedback from the community and help from Ronie, this have finally been sorted out. Seems Rapier used a deprecated code for script.favourites, which caused errors in the custom category paths set by favourites (not the ones using presets).

It will be included in the next update both for Gotham and Helix.
A new update is available. This is a pretty huge update includes bugfixing and new features - some are described below. As usual, please report if you experience any bugs or have feature requests Smile

Rapier 6.5.0 is available through the official XBMC repository!

I'm very sorry, but all paths to custom categories and submenus set using favourites have been broken with this update. A bug going back several years have finally been fixed. This unfortunately requires you to set the paths to the custom categories and submenus again, but only if they are set using favourites. Only paths are affected, which means that labels, icons, category images, panels (widgets) and backgrounds are not at all harmed. Also paths set using presets, scripts or add-ons are not affected.
This also introduces a new feature to play playlists directly from the home screen.

If you use the feature to export/import skin setting, you have to manually install the add-on script.toolbox using this link, as the function have been moved to this script.

CHANGELOG
Code:
5.4.0 (19-January-15)
- Fixes for List View and TV Shows List Info 2 View.
- Added fadelabel (next track) in music fullscreen window.
- Updated Skin Settings export/import from script.extendedinfo to script.toolbox (https://github.com/phil65/script.toolbox). You need to manually install the script.
- Changed autologin radiobutton to button in profiles window.
- Updated infopane in profiles window.
- Fixed some missing labels in List View, List Info View, List Info 2 View, Wrap Info View and Wide List View.
- Fixed missing fanart in music Thumbs Info View.
- Added selectable add-ons (music, videos, programs, pictures) to the presets dialog when creating custom categories or submenus.
- Added selectable paths (music, videos, programs, pictures) to the presets dialog when creating custom categories or submenus.
- Added selectable playlists (music, videos) to the presets dialog when creating custom categories or submenus, and the choice to either play or enter them.
- Added tags and in progress tv shows (tv shows) to the presets dialog when creating custom categories or submenus.
- Fixed scrolling animation in the right list in presets dialog.
- Added Wall View for tv shows.
- Fixed navigation bugs in the home screen.
- Added Upcoming TV Shows widget using script.tv.show.next.aired. Enable it using script.tv.show.next.aired add-on setting "Show All TV Shows for home screen" and restart XBMC.
- Added missing label to PVR Timer Settings dialog.
- Added UK BBFC media flags.
- Added additional default icons.
- Added Cancel button to select dialog.
- Fixed several bugs in custom categories/submenus. This requires you to set the paths again, when using favourites. Icons, images, backgrounds, panels, labels and also presets are not at all affected.
- Updated language files from Transifex (thanks to alanwww1).
- Fixed positioning of select dialog when selecting visualization while playing fullscreen music.
- Bugfixing of view animations.
- Added support for PVR series recording using PVR WMC Client.
- If you need support for NextPVR Client, delete the file RecordPrefs.xml from the skin.rapier/720p/ folder and rename the file RecordPrefs.xml.NPVR to RecordPrefs.xml
- Added stream information to fullscreen information dialog when playing live tv.
- Added PVR Stream Information when displaying codec info for fullscreen live tv.
- Changed In Progress (recommended) widget for music albums to Featured (random).
- Fixed dimming of fullscreen video when paused.
- Added Information button in fullscreen video OSD to display the information dialog.
- Bugfixing of music and video library breadcrumbs.
- Added Tags and In Progress TV Shows to tv shows library options dialog.

- Added selectable add-ons (music, videos, programs, pictures) to the presets dialog when creating custom categories or submenus.
- Added selectable paths (music, videos, programs, pictures) to the presets dialog when creating custom categories or submenus.
- Added selectable playlists (music, videos) to the presets dialog when creating custom categories or submenus, and the choice to either play or enter them.

- Added Wall View for tv shows.

- Added Upcoming TV Shows widget using script.tv.show.next.aired.
TO ENABLE: enter Add-ons -> Enabled Add-ons -> Program Add-ons -> TV Show Next Aired -> Configure -> Enable the setting "Show All TV Shows for home screen" -> Restart Kodi.
If you have enabled TV Shows Today widget in the skin setting, the Upcoming TV SHows widget will not display shows airing today and be positioned in the top. If Now Playing widget is enabled and you are playing media, the Upcoming TV Show widget will not be visible.
If you have disabled TV Shows Today widget in the skin settings, the Upcoming TV Shows widget will display shows airing today and be positioned in the bottom.

- Added UK BBFC media flags.

...Continued to the next post...
- Added support for PVR series recording using PVR WMC Client.
If you need support for NextPVR Client, delete the file RecordPrefs.xml from the skin.rapier/720p/ folder and rename the file RecordPrefs.xml.NPVR to RecordPrefs.xml

- Added stream information to fullscreen information dialog when playing live tv.

- Added PVR Stream Information when displaying codec info for fullscreen live tv.

- Added Tags and In Progress TV Shows to tv shows library options dialog.

ENJOY!
A new update is available. This update includes bugfixing and new features - some are described below. As usual, please report if you experience any bugs or have feature requests Smile

Rapier 6.6.0 is available through the official XBMC repository!

CHANGELOG
Code:
6.6.0 (2-March-15)
- Fixed broken fanart for add-ons in pictures, programs, videos and music libraries.
- Bugfixing of library update button in the top options menu bar.
- Added a skin setting in Media -> Videos to play trailers windowed in the movie information window.
- Added items to the presets dialog (music) when creating custom categories or submenus: recently added songs, top 250 songs, top 250 albums, play random song, play random album.
- Added items to the presets dialog (tv shows) when creating custom categories or submenus: play random episode.
- Added items to the presets dialog (movies) when creating custom categories or submenus: in progress, top 250, unwatched, play random movie.
- Added items to the presets dialog (music videos) when creating custom categories or submenus: unwatched, play random music video.
- Added items to the music and movie library options dialog: in progress movies, top 250 movies, top 100 songs, top 100 albums, recently added songs.
- Updated support for script.globalsearch to include actor results.
- Updated navigation for lyrics dialog and OSD when playing fullscreen music.
- Added banner image as fallback image for the home screen tv shows today widget, if no clear logo is available.
- Added a Skin Setting in Backgrounds to change the fanart background refresh interval to any value (defaults to 8 seconds).
- Updated language files from Transifex (thanks to alanwww1).

- Added a skin setting in Media -> Videos to play trailers windowed in the movie information window.

ENJOY!
I have created an add-on repository for Rapier.

This means that if you install this repository, you will always automatically receive the newest and freshest development updates of Rapier.

You will still automatically get the official updates.

To install this repository for XBMC Gotham, you must do so by following these steps:
  1. Download the zip file from the Github link above
  2. Start XBMC
  3. Navigate to Settings
  4. Add-ons
  5. Install from zip file
  6. Locate the zip file you downloaded
  7. Install
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 6.6.15 for XBMC 13.x Gotham [DEPRECATED]1