Space Invaders
Big Grin 
based on space invaderes by midway, taito corporation, toshihiro nishikado . this xbmc version coded/program by donno [[email protected]], graphics for menus, backgrounds, cover from work based on chokemaniac.

space invaders for xbmc python
url: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darkdonno...e_invaders [current]
help url: http://darkdonno.googlepages.com/si-manual
forum url for support: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=119450

about:
-project started around april/may 2006.
-an attempt to show the true power in combining xbmc with python.
-so i decide to make space invaders
-i will only release it when i have completed it to how i want it.

feature list so far:
-themes - incomplete (coded but not made)
-background music - optional 'overwrite music' with custom playlist.pls in music folder
-internet and local highscores (local needs testing)
-highscore loading from internet/local
-red bonus saucer
-shields
-the invaders fire
-settings - options
--> use internet, versiononstartup,track high score,use default name

completed todo (things that were on the todo list last update)
sfx sounds

todo list: as of 2 of june
manual page [ext: www]
themes [ext: gfx]
sounds [ext: wav]
final touchs up - code
themes

ext: means external so not python.

screenshots: sorry you have to check the website for them (the forums don't like displaying thumbnails generated by googlepages
http://darkdonno.googlepages.com/si_s1.png
screenshot of main menu
screenshot of ingame 1
screenshot of ingame 2
screenshot of ingame 3

media:
the following are just 'tech demos' i recorded at very early development just to show that it was possible.
space invader tech video 1
space invader tech video 2
space invader tech video 3
space invader tech video 4
space invader tech video 5
heres the trailer i made :d
space invader trailer (added 27 may acst)

sorry for the quality of the youtube trailer (its only 3mb so what do you expect)

please do not contact me asking if you can have a beta or test it. if you are intrested in creating a theme pack, email me (thou might want to wait till im closer to finshing so sizes are final)

email me: [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

OUT NOW.
** Team XBMC Tester** XBMC 4 ever

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Shocked that is awsome! very nice work. :thumbsup:
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
wouldn't this be the first game on xbmc ever?
this project seems like a lot of work.
hope you get it finished.
:thumbsup:
donno,
while i can appreciate the serious work that goes into building this i wonder if your talents could have been leveraged to build something new for xbmc itself... like a tv show episodes script, or another big ticket item for the community?

someone with your talents could put a serious dent in the "gaps" in xbmc.

just a thought.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
i think this is the one i was looking for. thanks for that. my 2.0 is finished.

sollie.

ps: i think this is serious.

sollie:
your 2.0 what?
never mind.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: great the best arcade game ever :kickass:
Livingroom: MacMini Mid summer 2010 4Gb RAM HDMI to Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma 1080i
Kitchen: one xbox 1.1 executer 2.3 chip 120 GB in HD 720p mode
Bedroom: Computer Intel Quad 9400, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX260, Vista Ultimate 64, Ubuntu 10.10
first game script? at this rate i might need to finish up my tetris script (has been sitting unfinished for months).
sudoku for xbmc is already out, ive just started bejewled, well a clone of. its going well, would be cool to have a python arcade lol
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
well sudoku ain't really interactive, looking forward to seeing your bejewled. as well as tetris by asteron. one thing about games scripts are they won't break due to changed websites.

hopefully these projects will start more like snake/worm, pong (multiplayer would be nice), tron.

only problem thou is python can't tell the diff between controller 1 and controller 2. (might need to look into that :d)

yeh actually i saw sudoku but really not much of a 'game' compared to this as its mainly just the timer, (there are no moving parts like things flying across the screen :d.

now for space invader update:
today i started coding out the invaders bullets stuff. this is the last thing that needs to be done, once its that works full, i can just tweak out the gui/menu/ speeds, add final little touches and that’s it. (so i give it four weeks max ( most likely will be busy in the next few weeks).

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

how are you doing your online scores ive done a php script to submit and grab scores from a sql database.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
@[email protected]: yeh i coded a php page that just reads and writes to a file. (has a few little bugs in it)

hey, its looking awesome. just one question, will it work with mc360? i know your a big part in developing mc360 so it might be a silly question, but in all of the sceenshots/trailer i've only seen it on pm3. i guess it might be a late on in your todo list, would love to know ether way
well i decided i won't skin the interface for mc360, it will just use the project mayhem iii graphics.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Space Invaders2