Solved Live TV
What is the best program to watch live TV? most of them does not work ! Thank
I've tried several methods in XBMC, but cant get any of them to work the way I want it. The main issue is slow channel change, lack of recording options and other annoyances.

Windows media center is the best I've used, I use XBMC for everything apart from live TV, I really want to get rid of Media Center and move fully over to XBMC.

I'd love to see more development in this area as I feel its the one thing thats really missing.

Just my opinion though - the only way to really find out is to try several backends and see.
(2014-07-24, 12:47)bluecoffee Wrote: What is the best program to watch live TV? most of them does not work ! Thank

If you're asking about free TV from over the internet then don't. See our forum rules (wiki).
I'm not sure he is asking about free tv over the internet. I don't think you can do live streams into WMC. I think he might be asking about getting the tv from cable or sat or such and what program would be best as a back end.

In that case WMC actually makes a really good back end. But as far as XBMC alternative front end's for DVR activity I don't think there are any alternative add ons that really improve upon. Although Im fairly new to XBMC myself.

@ned Scott, Also keep in mind there are a few legitimate sources for live tv streamed over the internet. And Infact, I think there is a add on in the official repo for one of those sources. Am I wrong in thinking discussing those won't violate rules?

@bluecoffee, If you are talking about streaming live tv through to XBMC, One of the biggest issues is XBMC has no solution for Time shifting Live streams. I.E. There is no rewind, FF, and such. And further more, I have found if you try xbmc will lock pretty hard and you either have to force a shutdown or restart. Although there is some improvement to the PVR and it is slowly beginning to develop into something quite useful. On any note I am saying if your happy with WMC for live tv for now your probably better sticking with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV0