• 50(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
Hi @arneson,

that's odd, I didn't get a notification of your message, so sorry for not responding right away. Anyway thanks again for your efforts, installed the appropriate add-on and - sorry for the stupid question - do I actually need that for TIDAL HiFi?
BTW, have increased the version number to 20.5.0.5 in the addon.xml, otherwise I'll get an update notification from libreelec addons all the time....

Many greetings
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
(2023-10-21, 16:44)Atsome Wrote: Hi,

I'm very new with Kodi (Libreelec) and i just installed the Tidal2 package and it works but i cant see it as a Tidal connect on my Tidal app.
Did i maybe do something wrong with the installation or is it not meant to be a Tidal connect addon for Kodi ?

If it does not work as a Tidal connect app what would be the best way to control this through my phone that has a similar experience like Tidal ?
Well, it would be too nice if this would work with TIDAL Connect, but is unfortunately not the case. I personally have installed Yatse from the PlayStore, so I have KODI on the phone and thus also the TIDAL addon. You can also use Kore, basically the same with less features but completely free.
Furthermore I use BubbleUPnP, with it I can access my TIDAL content and select KODI as playback destination.
Hope that helps you a little...
(2023-10-22, 08:03)C.O.D. Wrote:
(2023-10-21, 16:44)Atsome Wrote: Hi,

I'm very new with Kodi (Libreelec) and i just installed the Tidal2 package and it works but i cant see it as a Tidal connect on my Tidal app.
Did i maybe do something wrong with the installation or is it not meant to be a Tidal connect addon for Kodi ?

If it does not work as a Tidal connect app what would be the best way to control this through my phone that has a similar experience like Tidal ?
Well, it would be too nice if this would work with TIDAL Connect, but is unfortunately not the case. I personally have installed Yatse from the PlayStore, so I have KODI on the phone and thus also the TIDAL addon. You can also use Kore, basically the same with less features but completely free.
Furthermore I use BubbleUPnP, with it I can access my TIDAL content and select KODI as playback destination.
Hope that helps you a little...
Hi K.O.D

Yatse is indeed great to work with Kodi for my local music
I did not yet use the Tidal2 with bubbleUPnp yet, i will try that today or tomorrow, thanks for the tip Smile
I really hope that Tidal2 will work with Tidal connect one way or another in the future because at least Tidal2 works for me unlike other addons, there is just not a great interface for your phone to use with it.
@Atsome
But keep in mind that the functionality of BubbleUPnP is completely independent from Tidal2 Wink
(2023-10-22, 07:49)C.O.D. Wrote: Hi @arneson,

that's odd, I didn't get a notification of your message, so sorry for not responding right away. Anyway thanks again for your efforts, installed the appropriate add-on and - sorry for the stupid question - do I actually need that for TIDAL HiFi?
BTW, have increased the version number to 20.5.0.5 in the addon.xml, otherwise I'll get an update notification from libreelec addons all the time....

Many greetings

Hi @C.O.D.
If you "only" use TIDAL Hifi, the best way is to use the "Automotive" device type. This one uses normal HTTP streams for all music tracks, so you won't have any trouble with MPEG-Dash streams.
And HTTP streaming can be played gapless. All other stream types are interpreted as video streams and can't play gapless with Kodi.

So you don't have to use any of my precompiled inputstream.ffmpegdirect addons.
But if you want to play with it, you can disable the automatic update for the inputstream.ffmpegdirect addon in its addon information window. You don't have to modify the addon version in the addon.xml file.

>> For other inputstream.ffmpegdirect users: I created a new one for LibreELEC 10.0.4 for x86_64 PC hardware, because it uses older glibc libraries. You can download it here inputstream.ffmpegdirect-19.0.3-LE10-x86_64.zip
Ok thanks @arneson
Hello everyone,

and now a small update for the TIDAL2 addon to V2.1.4:
  • Added "My Profile" to the "My Music" page to show the own user profile
  • Moved followers and following users to the User Profile page
  • Added the new TIDAL feature "My Picks" to the User Profile page:
    • There are four kind of picks: "My favorite track", "My major mood booster", "My go-to artist right now" and "My top album recently"
    • You can play the tracks and open the album and artist page from there
    • You can add and remove this items using the context menu
    • If you go to the user profile page of a different user, you will see his/her Picks
As every time, yo can find it in my TIDAL2 repository.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8