Android Sound, no picture (ERROR: DVDVideoCodecAmlogic: Failed to open Amlogic Codec)
(2014-11-02, 11:20)Koying Wrote: Could you repost a debug log (wiki), please. The other one expired...

Sorry @Koying for my late reply! Sad

This is the same debug log I posted some time ago:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=365191

http://pastebin.com/P6yH8GPC (just in case my log expire again)

I haven't change anything in my setup, so this could be an actual log.

I have some spare time today, so I will try Kody RC and posta back the news!
Just installed Kodi 14 RC2... same black screen No
care to test http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk
It has all latest fixes/changes. Who knows
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-12-07, 14:19)Martijn Wrote: care to test http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk
It has all latest fixes/changes. Who knows

I did test the latest version. I do get picture but it´s playing to fast and no sound. Passtrue don´t work, if I enable it picture is stuttering.
I use Minix X8-H
Kodi 14.1 : same behaviour. Sad
Maybe this will help. It did for me.

When upgrading from XBMC to Kodi, in order to get video working I had to use software decoding instead of hardware decoding on the AMLogic based CPU.

XBMC/Kodi Settings -> Video -> Acceleration -> Decoding Method -> Software

Audio was fine on the upgrade
The point is not to disable hardware acceleration! There's no way to properly play HD videos without acceleration.

So, kurz und gut: it looks like that there's no way to get hardware acceleration on Amlogic MX, but for a few lucky guys, and there's no current effort on fixing it.

I have lost my faith in an eventual fix for this issue, maybe an admin should mark this issue as "won't fix" to avoid future claims. Undecided
The "few lucky guys" are those with a properly supported box or who found a proper 3rd party firmware.

We are sick and tired of trying to workaround fw issues, so we don't anymore.
The best course of action for users is probably to open a "which boxes work, which don't" thread.

Natural selection will make that only working boxes remain Wink
I installed this morning XBMC 14,1 after using 13.1 for quite some time. I enabled amcodec and it's running flawlessly. It's also a cheap chinese GBOX Midnight clone, android 4.0.4, having a AML8726 installed. When I bought it ( 2 years ago??) , I had to install the original GBox firmware and had to do some tweaking to have it going on my old, hdmi-less TV at the bedroom. I remember I had problems with the display also.
As far as I remember, changing in build.prop was needed. The fact that the bottom line (with the software android buttons for menu, return etc) scrolled away XBMC was started, resulted in a non-working display with XBMC, which did;t make any sense. When I changed it to static,(forgot which property in build.pop) everything worked, the only thing being that during a movie, the bottomline with the android sw keys and time remains visible. I can live with that.
Maybe you've the same problem?
(2015-03-08, 11:01)Koying Wrote: The "few lucky guys" are those with a properly supported box or who found a proper 3rd party firmware.

We are sick and tired of trying to workaround fw issues, so we don't anymore.
The best course of action for users is probably to open a "which boxes work, which don't" thread.

Natural selection will make that only working boxes remain Wink

That's it. Just mark this hardware as "faulty" in the wiki, and lest this issue rest in peace. Tongue
Kodi 15.0 b1 : finally, I can enable amcodec and it works great with SD files, but HD files still miss the video, just sound.
Oooooooops! I posted too soon!

Ok. v15b1 let me enable amcodec and it works fine.... but HD files and/or movies with external subs, which give me again the black screen of curse.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound, no picture (ERROR: DVDVideoCodecAmlogic: Failed to open Amlogic Codec)1