• 32(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
App Password is working for you? I've had some reports stating it was not working.
Great add-on! Installing was a little rocky until I figured out I had to manually hit 'Update Library', but outside of that GREAT WORK!
sorry if this has already been covered but i was wondering if there's a way to get music from Google music into the main music library (similar to what's possible with the genesis video app)?

I've attempted to set the app to export to my music folder, then told kodi to scan that specific folder, however it fails to find anything.

is this either something that is already possible, or something which could be made possible in future updates?
(2015-08-14, 01:49)lammyoflyd Wrote: sorry if this has already been covered but i was wondering if there's a way to get music from Google music into the main music library (similar to what's possible with the genesis video app)?

I've attempted to set the app to export to my music folder, then told kodi to scan that specific folder, however it fails to find anything.

is this either something that is already possible, or something which could be made possible in future updates?

I really doubt it. Google sends the files to devices with scrambled file names and metadata. I can play them on my mobile device with any music player, but there is no file information.Since KODI scrapers rely on file names or metadata to sort files, importing to the library wouldnt work as expected.
(2015-05-12, 01:39)foreverguest Wrote:
(2015-05-04, 19:12)Skank Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 17:14)Skank Wrote: is library already filled after export?

anyone?

No, Kodi doesn't support audio strm files in library.

Might this be of any help?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2090336
So I said a little while ago that I couldn't install due to unmet dependencies. With holidays and so on, it took me a while to look at the logs. Here's what they say:

20:20:50 T:139826344704064 DEBUG: GetZipList - Processing zip://my_path%2fplugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.4.1.zip/
20:20:50 T:139826344704064 DEBUG: Addon plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp requires plugin.video.youtube version 5.1.1 which is not available

It appears that version of the plugin is not included in the official Kodi/XBMC add-on repository for Gotham (version 13)... After some research I found the Youtube plugin is not maintained for Gotham anymore and they say to update to Helix... which is kinda annoying because I don't want to mess with ppa...

I just checked it out anyway, and this ppa wants to replace half my system... from aptitude to x11-common, including liblvm and gnutils... I don't want to do that. I guess all hope is lost for me until Helix arrives in the official jessie repositories.

If anyone has another idea (that is not replacing vital parts of my system with something coming from a ppa instead of an official debian repo), I'm all ears.
The Youtube addon should be optional.

Try installing manually from here:
https://github.com/bromix/repository.bro...-5.1.8.zip

Or wait until I release next version without Youtube requirement.
Running into intermittent problems with Xperience1080 (flat theme) skin... Every once in a while "My Library"/"Playlists" (or anything on that page for that matter) will not load after being clicked on. Workaround is to switch to Confluence skin and update library, then switch back. It's an annoying but manageable workaround for now, but I can post logs if someone can direct me to where they would be on an Android (Amazon Fire TV) box.
(2015-09-03, 21:39)foreverguest Wrote: The Youtube addon should be optional.

Try installing manually from here:
https://github.com/bromix/repository.bro...-5.1.8.zip

Or wait until I release next version without Youtube requirement.

I did that, and I was able to install it! :-)

Now I have another problem. (sorry ^^' )

I am able to get to the "I'm feeling lucky" mix, the instant playlists, search, etc (I'm a "unlimited" user.)

However, I get an error when trying to access my library...

Here's a pastebin of the error I get in my xbmc logs. http://pastebin.com/HxpACt44
Check if version below works for you:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.4.2
(2015-09-04, 21:58)foreverguest Wrote: Check if version below works for you:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.4.2

Yay! It works! Thanks a lot! Big Grin
@MKANET, with version plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.4.2 you can update the library with linux command:

Code:
curl -s -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": { "addonid": "plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp" , "params": [ "action=reload_library" ] }, "id": 1}' http://user:pass@localhost:8080/jsonrpc

(2015-08-01, 19:24)MKANET Wrote: I just wanted to report back I got this addon to work by deleting the "entire" userdata folder; and, all it's contents. That fixed some other issues too with Kodi.

BTW: I'm curious if you made any progress with this. I often add items to my library. So, it would be nice to count on them being there when I try to play them back. Restarting the entire addon isn't really a practical solution. I was hoping for an automated solution I could do programmatically via script.

(2015-07-27, 21:05)foreverguest Wrote: For now you can create a script to manually remove the file 'googlemusic.db' from .kodi/userdata/Database. Next time you run the addon it will reload all your library.

I'll check if it's possible to add an external call in the the addon to reload the library.
How do I add the music from GMusic to the kodi Library?

BTW, This is a fantastic addon! Keep it up!
AFAIK, it is not possible.

(2015-09-06, 20:38)FLMS1 Wrote: How do I add the music from GMusic to the kodi Library?

BTW, This is a fantastic addon! Keep it up!
Hi, I just got google play to replace spotify and I was exited to find an application to run on my pie based media center. I am having an issue getting it to play a playlist, it will play a single song but then I need to click the next one to get it to play. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17