Request fullscreen button
Hello XBMC

Is it possible to make a button for fullscreen in xbmc , so I not have to use alt + enter on the keyboard, but just use mouse.

BR Disney
alt+ enter? What? Just press the green button on the OS X menu bar for XBMC.
(2014-07-27, 05:13)Ned Scott Wrote: alt+ enter? What? Just press the green button on the OS X menu bar for XBMC.

Tnx, but I dont have a green button?

I use Win 8.1

BR Disney
err, sorry, I had a bunch of browser tabs open from the OS X subforum.
So are you trying to

1. Change xbmc from windowed to fullscreen? (In which case you need to map the \ key to a remote button) or

2. Bring back a playing video from behind xbmc's menus (ditto tab key)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
On Confluence there already is a fullscreen button
(2014-07-27, 14:15)nickr Wrote: 1. Change xbmc from windowed to fullscreen? (In which case you need to map the \ key to a remote button) or

2. Bring back a playing video from behind xbmc's menus (ditto tab key)

I want to go from windowed to fullscreen with only mouse, and not go into settings

(2014-07-27, 16:01)jjd-uk Wrote: On Confluence there already is a fullscreen button

Where? In settings or ?
Where abouts in the GUI are you talking about? here is an example of where it already exists

Unless you're talking the Window XBMC actually sits in and you want to toggle between windowed and full screen, in case this applies:

(2014-07-27, 14:15)nickr Wrote: So are you trying to

1. Change xbmc from windowed to fullscreen? (In which case you need to map the \ key to a remote button) or
(2014-07-27, 17:10)jjd-uk Wrote: Unless you're talking the Window XBMC actually sits in and you want to toggle between windowed and full screen, in case this applies:

(2014-07-27, 14:15)nickr Wrote: So are you trying to

Ok tnx, but it will be nice with at button on xbmc frontpage

BR Disney
For those using windowed mode then it was probably assumed you're most likely also using the desktop and other applications, in which case your keyboard should be available for the \ key shortcut.
(2014-07-27, 18:41)jjd-uk Wrote: For those using windowed mode then it was probably assumed you're most likely also using the desktop and other applications, in which case your keyboard should be available for the \ key shortcut.

When I watch movies in my living room, I would like that my keyboard is hidden away. But it was only a proposal if it was possible
If you are watching movies in your living room why would you be running XBMC at anything other than full screen anyway? And surely you wouldn't have your muse, you'd be using your remote.

Puzzled.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi !

a very late answer for Kodi 16 for Windows and Linux

You can add a Toggle Full Screen button by editing the Home.xml file (with Notepad++ e.g.) in
-Windows: Kodi\addons\skin.confluence\720p\ (see in Program File)
-Linux: /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence

You have to find in the file these lines:
<control type="image">
<description>Favourites Icon</description>
<left>5</left>
<top>5</top>
<width>35</width>
<height>35</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>icon_favourites.png</texture>
</control> (line 1154 in my file, maybe different. Find <description>Favourites Icon</description> in your file)

and insert these lines to create the button:

<control type="button" id="22">
<description>PleinEcran push button</description>
<left>110</left>
<top>0</top>
<width>45</width>
<height>45</height>
<label>1036</label>
<font>-</font>
<onclick>ToggleFullScreen</onclick>
<texturefocus border="5">floor_buttonFO.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus border="5">floor_button.png</texturenofocus>
<onleft>20</onleft>
<onright>20</onright>
<onup>9002</onup>
<ondown>9003</ondown>
</control>
<control type="image">
<description>Plein Ecran Icon</description>
<left>115</left>
<top>5</top>
<width>35</width>
<height>35</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>GoFullscreen.png</texture>
</control>

and you could change the value of the Rss feed <width> to 1090 for a perfect modification (find <control type="rss">, it's line 1084 in my file)

This is a useful mod to control Kodi with a wireless mouse ! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request fullscreen button0