• 117(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-05-22, 21:42)dbc105 Wrote: I read further back through the post that the Google API was not looking at Subscriptions beyond 50. Have they fixed this and if they have how can I update mine? I have way more than 50 Subscriptions.

Thanks

No fix of Google/YouTube yet (sadly). I they fix it you don't need to update Wink
I subscribe to more than 50 channels on YouTube however when I go to the "Subscriptions" icon it will only show me the first 50 (one screenful). Could this be expanded to fill the multiple pages of subscriptions?
This has already been reported and is a known bug in the youtube api. Once they fix it all the channels you are subscribed to will display. Unfortunately it means we have to wait for them to actually fix it
My apologies posting the question that it just been answered one message prior :-) I did a search for "50 subscriptions" but I must've made a typo or something because it didn't show up anything in the search. Kind of embarrassing to see the answer to my question right before I asked it. I just went to the bottom question in the thread to post. I guess I need to do a little more reading myself next time. Oh well. I guess I'll be a little more forgiving next time someone asked me a stupid support question. Thanks for all you do.
Hi All,

I have to confess, I don't use the YouTube addon, but I have been getting thread notifications for it recently (Since my post about the download pull request).

I have noticed that the thread is now very long! And it does seem the same questions keep cropping up, so I thought I'd make a suggestion. (I hope that is OK)

TvTunes and VideoExtras had similar issues of long threads and repeat questions etc. We managed to drastically reduce this by adding a "Known Issues / FAQ" section to the Wiki's:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TvTunes#Known_Issues
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras#Known_Issues

(And then started a new thread - to save people reading through the whole history).

I did have a lot of help from other forum users, especially @capfuturo , who really helped keep the wiki upto date.

The good thing about this is that anyone can add to the wiki to maintain it (which is what @capfuturo did) - so it is possible if there is a keen user out there that could get together a list to help @bromix and keep the wiki uptodate:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:YouTube

Just an idea - I know @bromix has done a great job and this is not meant as a criticism - just an idea that may help.

Thanks

Rob
Im wondering something, since the html5 transition videos on youtube have looked pretty terrible, even on fullhd where it would normally be very crisp (chrome on OSX).
I found a setting that solves this issue on OSX:
Quote:Override software rendering list Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android
Overrides the built-in software rendering list and enables GPU-acceleration on unsupported system configurations

Now when i play youtube videos on Kodi (linux) the exact same happens, it looks terrible.
Is there a setting for this or a fix perhaps ?

regards
When trying to watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrynfzoLvKo

I get a "this video may be inappropriate for some users" popup error and it fails to play. In my browser, I can simply click the "play anyway" link, and have done so successfully on the same account used for youtube in Kodi. But I can't get it to play inside Kodi. Any way to fix this?

Note I have "safety mode" set to off inside youtube as well. Even with safety mode off, youtube still asks me to confirm I want to watch that video, so it's unclear if that does anything at all.
@ rodalpho
You need to sign in to Kodi youtube plugin to watch it. I have just check and it works. This could an FAQ as suggested by @ rob_webset
I am signed in.

Also, I'm using Isengard and the most recent beta release of the addon, 5.1.4b1.
(2015-05-23, 21:48)Joontje Wrote: Im wondering something, since the html5 transition videos on youtube have looked pretty terrible, even on fullhd where it would normally be very crisp (chrome on OSX).
I found a setting that solves this issue on OSX:
Quote:Override software rendering list Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android
Overrides the built-in software rendering list and enables GPU-acceleration on unsupported system configurations

Now when i play youtube videos on Kodi (linux) the exact same happens, it looks terrible.
Is there a setting for this or a fix perhaps ?

regards
Wrong thread. This is KODI and not addon related.
(2015-05-25, 02:07)rodalpho Wrote: When trying to watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrynfzoLvKo

I get a "this video may be inappropriate for some users" popup error and it fails to play. In my browser, I can simply click the "play anyway" link, and have done so successfully on the same account used for youtube in Kodi. But I can't get it to play inside Kodi. Any way to fix this?

Note I have "safety mode" set to off inside youtube as well. Even with safety mode off, youtube still asks me to confirm I want to watch that video, so it's unclear if that does anything at all.
Set your correct birthday (G+) and everything should be fine.
So here's the deal, after a bit of investigation. I have a main google+ page (with my real name) and then a youtube login, call it JumpingJacks. The youtube login was not linked to google+, and there's no way to set a birthday.

So I tried linking the youtube login to google+ (which I had been avoiding doing as much as possible!), and it created a new google+ page called +JumpingJacks. There's no place to set a birthday anywhere in that google+ page, it's a "business" page, I guess? Designed only for youtube.

Now when I go to youtube.com/activate, it lets me choose between using my main google+ account and +JumpingJacks. But only +JumpingJacks has all my subscriptions, playlists, etc, so I can't switch. So I need +JumpingJacks to work, somehow. When I disconnect google+ it only offers my main google account to link, which has all the subscriptions/etc again, but won't let me watch that mature content.

I did set my birthday to 1970 in my real google+ page-- which is my active google login-- and that didn't work.

Really bizarre problem. It's not the end of the world if I can't watch mature content on youtube, I've been using it for years and this is the first time that error has popped up. But it really is crazy how Google set this up.
I recently update my youtube to 5.1.4 beta1 but I can't open the addon anymore, its been giving me script error. If anyone have any solution please let me know.
Can someone tell me if I can setup my Android Youtube App to pair with the Kodi Addon so I can choose my Kodi as casting target (same as for a Chromecast) from within the Youtube Android App?

I would like to search for Youtube content on my phone but play those from within Kodi!?
No, you can't. Closest you can do is add a video to favorites or watch later on your android device, then go there inside the Kodi addon.
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20