• 184(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Merry Christmas to all, and again, thank you Bromix for your work.

exceeded credit know issue. What is next?

Does anybody on this forum has a clue on what changes would be required to avoid the "exceeded credit" of the keys.

I am in UTC-5, and around 1Am, it always get expired. Today, Christmas it is already expired at 11PM.

The problem/limitation seems to be well understood, but the solution seems to be not so obvious to implement.
The best suggestion I heard so far is to add a key menu, allowing users to select another key when expired.

Another way I thought of would be to use keys based on the localtime or region.

The problem is I have no clue on how to execute this, or if it is even conceivable.

Any comment from non_clueless_like_I_am is welcome,as I believe a constructive discussion is the start of problem solving.

Since my skills are very limited, I can only offer for now to be a beta tester.
many thanks

Ben.

Now back to wirering the laptop to the TV and use my browser.. Beurk
(2015-12-25, 06:08)blachanc Wrote: Merry Christmas to all, and again, thank you Bromix for your work.

exceeded credit know issue. What is next?

Does anybody on this forum has a clue on what changes would be required to avoid the "exceeded credit" of the keys.

I am in UTC-5, and around 1Am, it always get expired. Today, Christmas it is already expired at 11PM.

The problem/limitation seems to be well understood, but the solution seems to be not so obvious to implement.
The best suggestion I heard so far is to add a key menu, allowing users to select another key when expired.

Another way I thought of would be to use keys based on the localtime or region.

The problem is I have no clue on how to execute this, or if it is even conceivable.

Any comment from non_clueless_like_I_am is welcome,as I believe a constructive discussion is the start of problem solving.

Since my skills are very limited, I can only offer for now to be a beta tester.
many thanks

Ben.

Now back to wirering the laptop to the TV and use my browser.. Beurk

The only real solution is more keys. Of course, as more users make use of the add-on, yet more keys would be needed. Considering that the add-on bypasses YouTube ads, I don't think YouTube is going to make it any easier to make it work as time goes on. The only real solution I can think of would be to allow individual users to acquire keys and have the add-on recognize them. However, I have no idea how the key system is setup or how simple it would even be for users to get and apply to the add-on.
We talk a lot about the "exceeded credit" thing.

Can someone help me with "Invalide Credentials" Error?
This is more frustrating - I cant even choose a Video.
First of all, bromix, Thanks a lot for your efforts on this plugin! It's the most used plugin we have on our Kodi setup (OpenElec 6.0.0 on the RPi2 - the quadcore version).

I have noticed something strange with the plugin though... When playing certain video's, the first second or so of the audio isn't quite right: it seems to be slightly faster as if the playback is trying to catch up (and then 'slows down' to the correct pitch and speed) or in some other cases, it simply misses the start of the audio.

For most video's this is not really noticable since most start with a second or so of silence but for some music video's it is very noticable.
Could it be that the plugin to quickly attempts to start playback, before the buffer is fully loaded?

Did anyone else experience similar issues on the RPi2?

EDIT: Nevermind - seems changing the "A/V Sync Method" in Video Playback settings of Kodi to "Adjust PLL" resolved the issue! Smile
Using Kodi/LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi4 with a Sony KDL-42W706B and an external audio receiver
Am I the only person with the "Invalide Credentials" issues?

Shall I install Kodi + OE + YT from beginning again and delete the old System?
OK, I sort of followed these instructions, but weren't really detailed enough for me to follow.
i found the login_client.py file in the .kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/client folder but was unsure which was the key i needed to edit.

I changed key for each option to my API key, but don't know what to set id or secret to, I left them as is, but now i am getting a credential eror.

Can you give a little more detailed instructions on what to change in the file, thanks.

(2015-12-24, 01:10)jdf76 Wrote: It was posted way back.

https://developers.google.com/youtube/re...pplication

File is called "login_client.py" in the lib/youtube folder.

but in all honesty, if you don't understand the way youtube's API system works, i wouldn't mess with it.

Just my two cents, Good Luck!

Jeff

(EDITED: Added the file location and name)

(2015-12-23, 22:31)ace310 Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 15:58)cat2115 Wrote: @bromix, thank you for this great add-ons. Wishing you the best in life.

@suoerwad and @KI2000, would you mine share how you edit API to make Youtube work. amd what you use to edit API? I, myself, kept getting error when doing search or play youtube. I think it said "exceed limited"

Thanks in advance

+1. Can anybody point out above steps please. I really miss youtube.

Thanks.
bromix, thanks for your superb contribution. Wish you the very best in your future endeavors!
(2015-12-26, 14:54)codemonkey76 Wrote: OK, I sort of followed these instructions, but weren't really detailed enough for me to follow.
i found the login_client.py file in the .kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/client folder but was unsure which was the key i needed to edit.

I changed key for each option to my API key, but don't know what to set id or secret to, I left them as is, but now i am getting a credential eror.

Can you give a little more detailed instructions on what to change in the file, thanks.

Through trial and error I got it to work. First I created a Browser API key. This gives you the value for 'key' in the login_client.py file. Then I created a OAuth client ID. This gives you the value of 'id" and 'secret'.

Now that I got it to work, I just need to learn more about developer console.
Merry Christmas to all, and again, thank you Bromix for your work. Wish you the very best in your future endeavors!
Perfect, got it working now, that was the extra hint i needed.

(2015-12-26, 18:44)I_Terrabull Wrote:
(2015-12-26, 14:54)codemonkey76 Wrote: OK, I sort of followed these instructions, but weren't really detailed enough for me to follow.

Through trial and error I got it to work. First I created a Browser API key. This gives you the value for 'key' in the login_client.py file. Then I created a OAuth client ID. This gives you the value of 'id" and 'secret'.

(2015-12-27, 04:27)codemonkey76 Wrote: Perfect, got it working now, that was the extra hint i needed.

(2015-12-26, 18:44)I_Terrabull Wrote:

For Openelec users, this file is located here : ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client/login_client.py . You will need to ssh into your openelec server in order to access this file, as its not exposed over SMB. Use putty or the like if you are on windows, or the built in ssh client if you are on linux or mac. The default login is : root / openelec. The file can be edited by nano.

You need to edit the "key", "id" and "secret" numbers below with the ones you generate in the Google developers console located at https://console.developers.google.com/apis . The credentials you need to create are :

'key' = Browser key
'Id' = OAuth 2.0 client ID
'secret' = OAuth 2.0 client secret

I've copied the relevant sections of the file below so you know what to edit. You should be able to just edit the key for your current version of XBMC, but Im still testing to see if this is the case.

*EDIT : DO NOT CHANGE the 'youtube-tv' credentials at the top of the file ( the first entry):

{
'youtube-tv': {
'system': 'All',
'key': 'AIzaSyAd-YEOqZz9nXVzGtn3KWzYLbLaajhqIDA',
'id': '861556708454-d6dlm3lh05idd8npek18k6be8ba3oc68.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'SboVhoG9s0rNafixCSGGKXAT'
},

This controls the "my subscriptions" feed, and will break it, as the part of the app that streams that will not be correctly authorized. This is the first app you authorize when you sign into the plugin for the first time. You can change all of the other credentials to your new info without issue. They should all match when you are done. Make sure you dont miss any punctuation, as this will cause the app to fail.

After you are finished, sign out of the app and sign back in. This will use the new credentials.

__author__ = 'bromix'

import time
import urlparse

from resources.lib.kodion import simple_requests as requests
from resources.lib.youtube.youtube_exceptions import LoginException

class LoginClient(object):
CONFIGS = {
'youtube-tv': {
'key': 'AIzaSyAd-YEOqZz9nXVzGtn3KWzYLbLaajhqIDA',
'id': '861556708454-d6dlm3lh05idd8npek18k6be8ba3oc68.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'SboVhoG9s0rNafixCSGGKXAT'
},
# API KEY for search and channel infos. These should work most of the time without login to safe some quota
'youtube-for-kodi-quota': {
'token-allowed': False,
'key': 'AIzaSyA7v1QOHz8Q4my5J8uGSpr0zRrntRjnMmk',
'id': '597640352045-7um2gr1v5rgobm5bf07ebesm3er48286.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'VmyQ12KkJ_N3yegu4Y-VGCXd'
},
'youtube-for-kodi-fallback': {
'token-allowed': False,
'system': 'Fallback!',
'key': 'AIzaSyBEvxICg_E5g8mfndYjWHH4WEDF2fN_zXM',
'id': '705000440035-f7v8mhn75udt6l20r75ko7f15c39ns1c.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'XeLKD8o_mdzEBDy9Nw5KMKbr'
},
'youtube-for-kodi-12': {
'system': 'Frodo',
'key': 'AIzaSyB6-pMlWO_XmgdM15VKGeLH4QsipdToBas',
'id': '131835494776-s0ef9jorci9vl0kaa5sqslupqvlku6ej.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'Fz9nnfVGoH6jiLc0iefvzZYM'
},
'youtube-for-kodi-13': {
'system': 'Gotham',
'key': 'AIzaSyB6-pMlWO_XmgdM15VKGeLH4QsipdToBas',
'id': '131835494776-s0ef9jorci9vl0kaa5sqslupqvlku6ej.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'Fz9nnfVGoH6jiLc0iefvzZYM'
},
'youtube-for-kodi-14': {
'system': 'Helix',
'key': 'AIzaSyCOxb_JvsI1-ZneJ2SXTkwZvW3fdtaR3bg',
'id': '45906745725-ucn38a9eumqcgfkmv14th17s0eq8kt5f.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'sK6GK-ZhzgXWehCdjaGybHRi'
},
'youtube-for-kodi-15': {
'system': 'Isengard',
'key': 'AIzaSyBAdxZCHbeJwnQ7dDZQJNfcaF46MdqJ24E',
'id': '988476436049-l9sfcivj4jtm1f2ppcvvbgsli6kvtis0.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': '_BEENv-a3-egDz_QKo5pGZCK'
},
'youtube-for-kodi-16': {
'system': 'Jarvis',
'key': 'AIzaSyBbgC4PZ2_hUdqqX7MIgdg2fK1nohv1jrw',
'id': '17932591024-8jruv1v7s78gipo7s17c91bnk26rqgpf.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'bK9T234WWhqzYdcQLif1L35K'
}
}
I tried setting my own Key, Id, and secret using Google api, and it would say login failed. So I reset the addon to default, I login using the two activation codes, but I can't access the subcriptions/popular right now/subscripts/browse channels/etc. it states "Exception in ContentProvider Unknown kind".

I'm running Kodibuntu 15.2
(2015-12-27, 09:40)bluegreen Wrote: I tried setting my own Key, Id, and secret using Google api, and it would say login failed. So I reset the addon to default, I login using the two activation codes, but I can't access the subcriptions/popular right now/subscripts/browse channels/etc. it states "Exception in ContentProvider Unknown kind".

I can no longer login using my own API, etc. but I can now search and play videos
(2015-12-27, 09:40)bluegreen Wrote: I tried setting my own Key, Id, and secret using Google api, and it would say login failed. So I reset the addon to default, I login using the two activation codes, but I can't access the subcriptions/popular right now/subscripts/browse channels/etc. it states "Exception in ContentProvider Unknown kind".

Did you create a "browser key" and and "OAuth" key? You will need both types for this to work.
Thanks all for the steps for changing the keys. All is finally working Smile

Happy new year in advance
Cheers.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
  • 184(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20