Channel selection on HDHR multiplexed streams doesn't always work
I have MythTV .27.3 running on 64bit Ubuntu 14.04 and XBMC 2:13.1~git20140606.0917-gotham-0trusty and xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth1.9.16-14trusty installed. I am using OTA only, no cable or satellite. These are installed on an Intel NUC D34010WYK with 4GB RAM and 128MB Crucial SSD. MythTV is set up to talk to an HDHomeRun original two-tunner box and works fine.

When I'm watching live TV in XBMC and have the channel list open, if I select a channel that is multiplexed, and select the first channel in the multiplexed stream, then select another (say if a station has 3 channels multiplexed) it acts like it changes but the same stream continues to play. If I use UP CHANNEL or DOWN CHANNEL commands, it changes to the next multiplexed stream perfectly; just initial selection fails.

This does not happen when using MythFrontend on the same machine.

Anyone know what is going on, if this is unique to my setup and if there is a solution?
It turns out that the multiplexed channels appear in the channel list but not in the EPG. I'm sure that's related. Is there a reason why multiplexed channels are not showing up in my program guide?
I upgraded to a beta build to see if there were any fixes for multiplexed stations and I'm seeing the exact same behavior:

1) Only the first station in a set of multiplexed stations shows in the EPG
2) All stations appear in the channel list but selecting any multiplexed station, the first multiplexed station is the one that starts playing
3) Once a station is playing, I can hit up/down arrow to switch to the other multiplexed stations.
4) No way to set up recordings for stations other than the first multiplexed station since thoes are the only ones that show up in the EPG.

I currently have the following installed:
xbmc 2:13.2~git20140719.0900-beta2-0trusty
xbmc-bin 2:13.2~git20140719.0900-beta2-0trusty
xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth 1.9.16-17trusty

As noted above, PVR backend is mythtv 0.27.3. The MythTV frontend works perfectly, guide shows up, channel selection and recording works perfectly.

One thing I didn't mention in my first post was that I'm using Schedules Direct for EPG data.

I'm getting no followups or comments so It seems that no one else has experienced this? I'm seeing this on two identically configured systems.
There is an open bug report at our bug tracker which sounds like your issue http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15086
I don't have experience with multiplexed stations, but it would be nice if you could confirm if this issue is the same like yours.
when you say multiplexed, do you mean like sub channels 70.1 70.2 70.3 etc channel numbering? Forgive my ignorance but im an Aussie and we don't have setup like that, however im a developer on pvr.wmc addon and have seen our users in the USA have similar problems to you. Changing the XBMC options "use channel number from backend" to off, they can at least see/view all the sub channels (just their numbering isn't "correct" as XBMC allocates them sequential numbering rather than preserving their backend channel number). I assume it comes down to XBMC using an integer type for channel number rather than decimal, or something like that
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel selection on HDHR multiplexed streams doesn't always work0