The new amazon fire tv thread
For some inexplicable reason the very helpful thread for the fire tv was closed so here's a new one to discuss the device on.
Thanks for starting this new thread.
I'm still very new at this and have a ton of questions.
I'm sure most of questions were answered in the other thread, but the search function did not work very well for me.
I have noticed when switching back to the input for my FTV the next day, the screen is dimmed and the only way to get it back up for me is to do a restart.
How do I fix this?
sure dump everything in one thread again instead of each issue separate.
whatever.... Rolleyes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
SUBSCRIBED. My Fire TV is two days old and I'm learning on the fly. Introducing it to as many people as I can. Struggling with several add ons that don't work. Mainly the "Script Error Failed" is what I'm getting.
I was able to install XBMC 13.1 and FiredTV using the adbFire application without issue.

Everything is fine so far except one issue.

On playing a video from one of the add-ons, the video becomes black after a few minutes but audio remains.

Copy protection of some sort?

The same video plays fine on the PC version of XBMC.

Does it mean the AFTV have some built in copy protection?
XBMC Wiki for Amazon Fire TV
(2014-07-30, 18:30)ukyank Wrote: For some inexplicable reason the very helpful thread for the fire tv was closed so here's a new one to discuss the device on.

I think I provoked this. nobody knows where I live right? Eek
Guys, I think the idea here is to post each question as a *separate* thread. Not 4000 separate questions in a single thread -- which is really hard to search for answers in. That's the entire reason they locked the original thread.
(2014-07-30, 21:29)angeloaz Wrote: Guys, I think the idea here is to post each question as a *separate* thread. Not 4000 separate questions in a single thread -- which is really hard to search for answers in. That's the entire reason they locked the original thread.

Exactly! Having everything in one long thread is awful. Especially when the majority of the posts are simply re-hashing what's already in the wiki.
The FTV really is just another Android STB to XBMC. Sure, it may have specific hardware decoding limitations or need its own keymap, but the same will be true with every other Android STB, and that's why there's a Fire TV wiki.
Just got a Fire TV? Read the wiki!
Thinking of getting a Fire TV? Read the wiki!
Discover something that's not already in the wiki!? Add it to the wiki!
Finally, before posting a question in the forums, read the d@** wiki!

/rant

(2014-07-30, 19:46)SuicideCharley Wrote: Struggling with several add ons that don't work. Mainly the "Script Error Failed" is what I'm getting.
This will not be an FTV-specific, or even Android-specific, issue. I'd advise you check Add-on Support, or even find the individual support threads for those add-ons.

(2014-07-30, 19:08)RVD26 Wrote: I have noticed when switching back to the input for my FTV the next day, the screen is dimmed and the only way to get it back up for me is to do a restart.
How do I fix this?
You're probably using the default "Dim" screensaver. This seems to be an issue with several Android devices. Just disable that screensaver.
When I think of Android, I think of Phone or tablet......... Confused
(2014-07-31, 02:56)davidc502 Wrote: When I think of Android, I think of Phone or tablet......... Confused
...and TVs, and car nav-systems, and watches, and glasses, and set-top-boxes, and game consoles, and PCs...
Anyone have the chance to test out Kodi 14.0 “Helix” alpha2 ?
Just put Beta release: 13.2 “Gotham” beta3 on my Fire Tv.
While that last thread was getting way out of hand, it was also a useful and convenient place for information. I do feel that people with problems should seach current threads and create a tread if one does not exist for the issue and nit just pile it on in the same thread .

On that note though, it is also helpful to have a kind of announcement thread. I was subscribed to that last one mainly as a way to keep up with advancements, software updates, ect. I don't have the time each day to look in probably 10 different places to see if anything changed, and sometimes the info you want is not updated in a timely matter on the wiki.

What would be handy is a thread just for announcements for the firetv, maybe even as a sticky, but note in the title "Not for support questions" and have it as a place for us to find out about firmware/software updates, updates to tools and hacks provided to us by elmerohueso, jocala and the likes. That would make things a lot easier for what I'm sure is a lot of us that followed the last thread for updates. Maybe even this one could be change to just an announcement thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The new amazon fire tv thread2