Can't connect to my computer from firetv
Log file xbmclogs 258020

I try to connect to my computer or my nas and they show up in the menu when I go to files zero config but it just sits there when I click on it and nothing happens.

Very frustrating

Running 13.1 on fire TV.
Just enter your information manually. That's the only way I could get mine to connect to my server.
I had the same problem with the AppleTV2 so I don't think it's a FTV problem
How do you do that? When i add my ip address of the iMac it says xbmc could not connect to the location
Which file sharing protocol? SMB? AFP?
AFP
Try smb
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Tried that doesn't do any different.
Are you trying smb from zeroconf or from smb:// ?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Smb from smb just sits there. Even when I was Able to connect on AFP some time back smb never would connect kept saying some error.
Running Mavericks by any chance? I think there might be some lingering file sharing issues with Mavericks.
Yea I am. It was working and has been for awhile but it just stopped one day

Well I had a cable modem router in one then I bought a modem and router that were seperate because the old one could not handle pulling HD from my computer to my fire. But I tried going back to the old router and still the same thing so not sure
Anyway I can get around mavericks doing this?

No it says under smb operation not permitted when I try
Still having issues any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't connect to my computer from firetv0