Android Fire TV, Mpeg2
(2014-12-12, 11:57)weak Wrote: Any update on this? Looks like libstagefright is still not deinterlacing on the fire tv (kodi helix rc3).

1080i looks horrible without deinterlacing, especially for stuff like sports...

This will not change before v14 Helix's release.
(2014-12-13, 06:24)Ned Scott Wrote: This will not change before v14 Helix's release.

Thanks, that's good news. Looking forward to the release...
Hello,

If I understood correctly, live TV will work erliest with release ov helix, right!
On my fire TV broadcaster like ZDF HD work good. SAT HD or N24HD are stuttering terrible.
Do you know the release date of helix, or would it work with a nightly build as well!

Thanks
Markus
(2014-12-18, 22:26)Freuli Wrote: On my fire TV broadcaster like ZDF HD work good. SAT HD or N24HD are stuttering terrible.

That's because ZDF HD is broadcasting in 720p, while others are broadcasting in 1080i.

Regarding stuttering: go to System -> Video -> Acceleration, disable mediacodec and leave only libstagefright enabled. See if that helps. It's still not deinterlaced, so it won't look good, but at least it shouldn't stutter.
Yep, now stuttering is gone but unfortunately you are right. It doesn't look good. Do you know, when deinterlacing will work? Sorry for the questions but Kodi is new for me. I am comming from Mediaportal.

Thanks
Freuli
I have no idea, sorry. I'm not sure how Ned Scott's answer was ment, if it will be included in version 14 or be implemented some time later.
(2014-12-13, 06:24)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 11:57)weak Wrote: Any update on this? Looks like libstagefright is still not deinterlacing on the fire tv (kodi helix rc3).

1080i looks horrible without deinterlacing, especially for stuff like sports...

This will not change before v14 Helix's release.

Hi Ned Scott,

how should we understand that sentence. Is this coming with the final release of Helix or is this getting implemented in the next Version of Kodi?
The question is also, will it be possible to get implemented at all?

I'm about to buy an extra PC for TVHeadend streaming, which is also capable to transcode, cause of no deinterlacing support on the AFTV for my 1080i Streams. If I would know that this will come for sure. I would not buy a box and wait till it gets implemented.

Thanks a lot for all your support and your hard work here.

Regards
Vlaves
Dears,

Once and for all, if the AFTV doesn't do the de-interlacing itself, it won't happen in Kodi, either.
Kodi is going straight from the decoder to the screen, without even access to the picture to do any post-processing. Even if it did have access, 1080i de-interlacing wouldn't be efficient enough in software.

Android itself hasn't any provision for de-interlacing, so if the AFTV decoder doesn't do it, it won't ever happen.
Bottom-line: Complain to Amazon, there is nothing we can do.

Hope that makes matter clear Wink
Hi Koying,

thanks a lot for that clear information. So I'm going to buy a box capable of transcoding Live TV.

Regards
Vlaves
@Koying: I guess it's also not possible to switch to interlaced output and let the tv handle the deinterlacing?
(2014-12-23, 14:37)weak Wrote: @Koying: I guess it's also not possible to switch to interlaced output and let the tv handle the deinterlacing?

That works, enable libstagefright and you get interlaced output.

Using software deciding for sd content allows xbmc to do deinterlacing too, it chokes on HD content
(2014-12-23, 14:43)tdw197 Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 14:37)weak Wrote: @Koying: I guess it's also not possible to switch to interlaced output and let the tv handle the deinterlacing?

That works, enable libstagefright and you get interlaced output.

Using software deciding for sd content allows xbmc to do deinterlacing too, it chokes on HD content

I guess he ment synchronized video output with the video. So the AFTV should output everything interlaced. And that is sadly also not possible.

Regards
Vlaves
(2014-12-23, 14:43)tdw197 Wrote: That works, enable libstagefright and you get interlaced output.

The problem seems to be, that the tv doesn't recognize that the video is interlaced. I have only libstagefright enabled and there's clearly no deinterlacing taking place.

If I use a native tv app to decode 1080i streams from the same pvr backend, the picture is perfect.
(2014-12-23, 14:49)weak Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 14:43)tdw197 Wrote: That works, enable libstagefright and you get interlaced output.

The problem seems to be, that the tv doesn't recognize that the video is interlaced. I have only libstagefright enabled and there's clearly no deinterlacing taking place.

If I use a native tv app to decode 1080i streams from the same pvr backend, the picture is perfect.

What backend are you using and what is the nativ App?
Backend is a vu+ duo2 and the native app is e2stream for samsung tvs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV, Mpeg21