Linux Xbmc and hd audio
Hi everyone,

I am using xbmc on on openelec on an lg core i3 laptop with hdmi output. Xbmc's system, audio output setup screen shows hd audio and i can increase channels up to 7.1, does this mean my setup is capable of sending out 5.1 digital audio through hdmi?

My pioneer av receiver cannot process hdmi signal (only hdmi switching) and im looking at this hdmi audio extractor:

http://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital-Pre...=pd_cp_e_0:

Does xbmc show only the laptop capabilities or is it general? Can i be assured that i will get digital audio through hdmi out of the laptop?

Thanks!
No, most likely not - you won't even be able to output 8 channels as your target is a spdif device. 2 channels stereo + dts, ac3 should be working though.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-08-02, 10:20)fritsch Wrote: No, most likely not - you won't even be able to output 8 channels as your target is a spdif device. 2 channels stereo + dts, ac3 should be working though.

Thanks for the reply. I should be fine then as this will be mainly for movies which are either dts or ac3 encoded and my av receiver doesnt support hd codecs anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc and hd audio0