Android No Audio On MX Box
My box was working fine up until Wednesday when anything I watched had no sound. I've tried a new HDMI cable and had a play with the audio settings but still nothing. I'm fairly new to all of this so apologies if I haven't provided you with all necessary information but I would be glad to give you anything I can if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Start with the obvious: do you get sound from other apps on the box? If not then it's an Android issue (check you haven't muted it by accident), if you do then it's an issue within XBMC and we will need further info.
Thanks for your reply. I'm getting absolutely no sound from anything I'm doing on the box. I've made sure the box is not muted and have even moved the in box volume to 100%.
The problem exists outside of XBMC then, I'm afraid, and so a dedicated Android forum may be a better place to ask the question at this point. However, my initial thoughts would be:
  • to give the box a reboot to see if it cures the problem.
  • see if you have any joy in Settings > Sound > Devices and seeing if there's any options to configure or change.
  • if the box has a headphone port, plug a pair of headphones in and see if you get any sound, which may eliminate it being an HDMI audio issue
  • failing all of the above, I'd probably be looking at a factory reset. Hopefully you've not got too much on there to lose!
I know this is an old post but I've had to answer this a few times so I might as well reply anyway:

-if you're only using HDMI cable from your box to your TV (no digital audio cable - SPDIF):

A) ensure your box volume is turned up (yes it has its own vol control Smile
B) ensure your TV volume is turned up

1) "system" settings
2) advanced
3) turn OFF Digital audio auto-detection

Within a couple seconds you should start to hear your "click" sounds as you move around if they are enabled.
Or try streaming a file with audio now.

Hope that helps

Offering the latest best valued Android TV Boxes;
www.androidTVandME.com
I have no audio on my OTT TV Box - I changed the HDMI cable. The HDMI passthrough is checked - digital audio detection is turned off. The volume of the TV is turned up. No apps have sound. I unplugged the TV and box to reset. Roku works fine.
(2016-03-16, 22:44)Kmas Wrote: I know this is an old post but I've had to answer this a few times so I might as well reply anyway:

-if you're only using HDMI cable from your box to your TV (no digital audio cable - SPDIF):

1) "system" settings
2) advanced

Within a couple seconds you should start to hear your "click" sounds as you move around if they are enabled.

Hope that helps

Offering the latest best valued Android TV Boxes;
www.androidTVandME.com

I did this and had to check off, "HDMI passthrough" in the field underneath in my MXQ box...
Yep.. I just finished resetting / erasing my MXQ TV Box.. and Yo.. No sound thru HDMI.. connected into AV out.. have sound.. but no sound from TV via HDMI..

Gotta Hav My Kodi... ? HuhHuh

just tried the solution up above my reply... But I turned it on... Working Great... Workin Great Now... Thanks for the Rain.............

Kmas Wrote:
I know this is an old post but I've had to answer this a few times so I might as well reply anyway:

1) "system" settings
2) advanced

Hope that helps

Workin Great Now... Thanks for the Rain.............

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Audio On MX Box0