XBMC Airplay Server and iPad With IOS 7.1.2
Latest version of XBMC running on 64 bit win 7 Pro.

On my iPad, if I use Safari and go to YouTube, the videos on YouTube play correctly in full screen mode (whether or not they are full screen on the iPad) with sound and video when I select Airplay output.

However, if I use the iPad Videos app and attempt to play a movie, I sometimes get sound, more often nothing, although the iPad thinks it is playing to the XBMC Airplay server.

I would note that when I use the video player through an Apple TV, it requires that I mirror the iPad screen in order to see the movie. However, when I have selected the XBMC server, there is no option available on the iPad to mirror as there is with the Apple TV.

In both cases (Safari and Video app), the icon associated with the XBMC server is a LCD screen whereas my Sony amplifier shows up as a speaker so it seems that the iPad thinks it has a video server to stream to.

I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the mirroring option does not show up but I cannot find any settings on the iPad or XBMC that would alter this.

Advice appreciated.

TIA
Mirroring is not supported by xbmc (and won't because of unhacked encryption apple uses here). If there is mirroring required for some apps those won't work with XBMC. Though i doubt this is the standard video app (camera roll) here is it? Because this never requires mirroring ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Airplay Server and iPad With IOS 7.1.20