No video playback with mythtv cmyth PVR Client
I am using a raspberry pi with xbmc gotham. I just enabled and configured mythtv cmyth PVR client, it is talking to my back end. The problem I am having is that when I play live tv or a recording there is only audio and no video. Any thoughts? The frontend that is on the same box as my backend works fine.
Did you install the rpi mpeg2 codec? TV in most parts of the world is mpeg2. Rpi doesn't play it unless you buy the codecs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
After doing some reading I bet that is it. Did not realize you had to buy that for the raspberry pi. This is my first pi.

Just to elaborate just in case someone else has this same problem later on and finds this post...

"The Raspberry Pi was designed to be an educational computer. As part of that educational mission, the Raspberry Pi Foundation has gone out of their way to minimize the manufacturing and licensing costs in order to keep the final cost of the device down. Part of their cost cutting measures included not purchasing a pricey blanket license to use the MPEG-2 and VC-1 video codecs.

This doesn’t mean the Raspberry Pi is not capable of decoding media encoded in MPEG-2 or VC-1, but that by default the codecs cannot run on the Raspberry Pi hardware for want of a proper license. Fortunately the Raspberry Pi Foundation was able to make arrangements to sell individual licenses for each codec very inexpensively."

http://www.howtogeek.com/137654/how-to-a...pberry-pi/
Let us know if it works.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video playback with mythtv cmyth PVR Client0