Upgraded to KODI..caused problems. PLS HELP!
i narrowed down the problem after spendin couple hours tryin to figure this out. it seems like i'm unable to tell xbmc what kind of video files wether movies or tv shows. under folder contains, all i can adjust is '-1' or a '0'. no option to identify if it's movie or tv shows available. it will rescan the whole library again & re-cache everything. i can see the thumbnails folder growing in size. the rescanning the library is rescraping which is causing duplicates tv show episodes. this is a nightmare. i know this is due to the upgrade in Kodi, bcuz i had a similiar problem when I try to upgrade to gotham beta. i had to revert back to xbmc 12.3 then everything worked great. i saw someone had a exact problem as mine awhile back, but i was unable to find it again. please help. thank you in advance.
A Debug Log would be a good place to start. By the sounds of things, you have add-on related problems.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i don't mean to undermine your expertise, but how is this addon related? this problem was caused when i upgraded up to Kodi. somehow through the upgrade, the video files identifying it movies or tv shows was messed up & replaced with an option of '-1' or a '0' for folder contains. please give some insights.

i will get a log. it's been long time since i rmbr how to do it.
Scrapers are add-ons.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

here it is for your review. thank you & i hope to hear from you soon.

http://pastebin.com/mmUGqYKG
No hints in that debug log. By the looks you didn't actually go in to content settings in that session.

What is listed under the metadata providers in settings->addons->enabled ?

sorry about that, here it is. hopefully i did what u asked.

http://pastebin.com/A9jb1SVT

i do not see anything that say 'metadata providers' section per above. if you are referring to movie information section. i have local info. only, the movie database, & universal movie scraper, which are all enabled.

for whatever it's worth..if i revert back to xbmc 12.3, my video files will be able to identified back to either movies/tv shows. everthing was workin fine till recent upgrade. ***i'm not able to add any videos and specify wether it's movies or tv shows*** under set content under folder contains i get: '-1' or a '0' only. just wanna make it clear.

please advise.
You are using a skin that is not supported in 14.0
Use confluence
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@ Martijn - you are correct. i didn't know my favorite skin MQ 5 is not compatible w/ Kodi 14. that sucks. wished i knew before hand. i bet a lot of MQ 5 skin users don't know that. i am bummed. thanks anyways.
Remember that v14 is currently at alpha stage - it is nowhere nearly intented to run on production systems ... only users that want to help testing / reporting skins to upstream that needs fixing should install it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
RECAP: i upgraded to Kodi 14.0 & all my movies & tv shows (stream files) did not show up anymore even though it's there. we're talking about 1,000 titles & alot of time spent organizing movie sets & artwork. thank god i had it in a separate folder from my main movie folder. xbmc team said my favorite skin of Aeon MQ 5 is not compatible w/ Kodi 14.0, which i didn't know. i lost the ability to add or change the video files to specify what kind of media for xbmc to pick up. thats why it didnt show up. i had to use default confluence skin & rescan then re-scrape it back into the library. it worked & now i can go back to my preferred skin. now, it will take few more hours to re-organize all the artwork back. i hope this help someone , bcuz i spent countless hours tryin to figure out what was causing this problem.
dont upgrade to an alpha build unless you are testing - keep with the stable release - unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Just go back to what you used before - your old database should be still working fine ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I completely agree with the author of this thread. I waited until I saw the stable release of Kodi and finally updated my XBMC to KODI. BIG MISTAKE - I realize that without MQ 5 I have little use for XBMC/KODI. I have tried every available skin and they are awful (on a HDTV/PROJECTOR) - I will use the skins they have on tablets etc - but my main build was dependent on MQ5 - No one's fault - I'm sure Kodi Helix is the pimps knuckle but I am going to uninstall until an MQ (6?) skin is released - any other way is just tacky on a home theater platform. IMPORTANT BEFORE UPGRADING TO KODI HELIX (and remember this is Late December 2014) - If you use and like MQ5, DONT DO IT - Not yet anyway... Save yourself the trouble of having to find a torrent that has Gotham 1.2 as the official site offers only Kodi now - Wait until MQ 5 or 6 is compatible for Kodi Helix - The Gotham 1.2 build is perfect in my opinion. I'm sure Kodi is great but I don't know how great until aon MQ skin is up an running...
(2014-12-27, 09:55)cbtegner Wrote: Save yourself the trouble of having to find a torrent that has Gotham 1.2 as the official site offers only Kodi now

No... we still have older builds going back to at least XBMC v10: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to KODI..caused problems. PLS HELP!0