Help resolve all of my issues :(
Tongue 
Here is a list of random things that appear to be easy fixes. Once these are clear, my XBMC will be perfect. Let's see if we can destroy a few so I can get on with paying it forward. Smile

FILE INFO:
1) Last week, I deleted my Textures file & all my artwork. I had a lot of incorrect .nfo info, and I wanted to be sure it was all clear. I assume that's the only way. Is there a way to wipe/clean all data or just update existing without having to hit each file? If I just remove the source and let xbmc do a full scan, will that always update all NFO files/pics or must I delete the TEXTURES & PICS FOLDERS? I hate doing that... I was hoping for an Add-On.

WIDGETS:
2) Since the delete above, I have 1 TV show that won't scrape artwork for covers or episodes. I deleted it, deleted the source, rescraped, and nothing.
3) My RANDOM MOVIES BACKGROUNDS will no longer load on their own. If I click on the RANDOM MOVIES "Widget" the backgrounds pop up. If I let it sit on it's own, the background just goes black for the main XBMC background. I've deleted the widgets, I've deleted the add-on, and I've changed each setting. I can't get it to work now.
4) Is there an IN-PROGRESS EPISODE widget or setting I can get? I have an option for IN-PROGRESS Shows, but it only takes you to the SHOW, not the episode. Even if I could get a RECENT widget or something. I hate having to stop the show then not remember which one.

FUNCTIONS:
5) When I hit PAUSE, sometimes the movie or show skips ahead a whole chapter. I then have to PAUSE and push chapter down to get me back to where I was. What would be causing this? Could it be only a remote issue? I use a Time Warner Cable remote for everything. It doesn't seem to work the cleanest when scrolling, but this is the big problem I seem to have. May be an XBMC error?
6) Is there a way to speed up REWIND? It seems like my rewind feature goes VERY slow and sometimes jerky or stops. Forward is fine, but not rewind.

CODING:
7) Is there a way to remove the SIDEBAR from all menus? I accidentally pop it out while scrolling a lot, and it's annoying. I see that KIOSK mode locks it from TV & MOVIE menus (which is amazing), but can I stop it from anywhere else?

ARTWORK:
8) Where does MOVIE SET Art save? If I make custom set artwork, then wipe my box, it seems the settings file doesn't fully save the pics. Unless, maybe I need to keep a folder of the pics for it to reference back to? I want a restore to bring back what I had listed, but don't know how.
9) Can anyone point me to a good set of GENRE ART? I've searched all the forums. I found 1 I liked, but it's missing genres. The other was tough to look at.

I think that covers pretty much everything else I don't get about XBMC. Any help would be amazing! Thanks!
A message crafted as a to-do list. Not sure I can enlighten every aspect or question, but I'll spend a few moments off the cuff, that shouldn't be regarded as comprehensive, but just a pointer to the vast wiki library that is available on every page of this forum. If you need more information on these questions or sub questions, one at a time (not the 30 to 40 alluded to in your message)\. I'm sure some user will take a bit of time to elucidate on the wiki information.

1) Starting fresh clears up most problems, if your scrapes are terrible you have a naming issue. See Wiki on adding to your library.

2) You need to clean the library after you remove a listing, otherwise it's just grabbing the old junk..

3) Skin issue, but if you've deleted the user thumbs, then there's nothing to show.

4) Skin issue, some skins show partial watched status.

5) Remote key assignment or neighbours remote.

6) Check the wiki's an advanced setting will allow for changes.

7) You've discovered KIOSK mode, check it's wiki

8) Thumbnails folder, takes the art from the first of the set, can be manually reset.

9) Google images.
That helps a little. Thanks for taking time out. Still not finding a "whole xbmc" kiosk mode. Maybe I'll tinker with the skin coding?

I'll probably have to wipe my whole system. Can I do that and copy just my settings to pop back in? I just can't possibly want to do that part again. If I can just get my one tv show to scan...which it did before...and to get my random backgrounds to load 100 percent again, I'd be fine.

I actually did a artwork downloader scan. It did nothing different, but it did give me nicer widget banners and a rolling disc graphic for movies. What kind of file did it grab to do that? I noticed it did take longer to load images as a result.
That helps a little. Thanks for taking time out. Still not finding a "whole xbmc" kiosk mode. Maybe I'll tinker with the skin coding?

I'll probably have to wipe my whole system. Can I do that and copy just my settings to pop back in? I just can't possibly want to do that part again. If I can just get my one tv show to scan...which it did before...and to get my random backgrounds to load 100 percent again, I'd be fine.

I actually did a artwork downloader scan. It did nothing different, but it did give me nicer widget banners and a rolling disc graphic for movies. What kind of file did it grab to do that? I noticed it did take longer to load images as a result.
Skin coding is good, anything is possible when you start to code.

Starting from scratch can be the most productive way to bring it all back, but you'll not want to use this in most issues. Once you start tinkering with code, all bets are off as to what is what. The debug log is one of the most useful tools all round and should be a perquisite to a post. You should be able to export your library re-install and import it again. I would just start clean, remember that an export of your library as separate files stores all meta-data with your media, using this data making re-scans a breeze and quick.

Artwork Downloader has it's own forum, and you will get good support over there. Basically there is settings within this add-on, used in conjunction with your skin, it will put the nice polish to your library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help resolve all of my issues :(0