Fire TV - XBMC skin to use, howto use onscreen keyboard howto scan TV shows?
My setup: Fire TV (rooted), 2 TB USB Drive (mounted using StickMount), XBMC (installed per wiki instructions)

Questions:

1. I was able to add Video Source -> browsed to high level "Movies" folder in my Hard Drive. And it scanned everything and got it. It even got thumbnail from TMDB.
I've used Amber skin, Backrow skin, Metropolis skin, Quartz skin. So far, when I go browse my movie list, it shows me a movie description but does NOT show me names of actors/actress. For that, I have to click on "context menu", "movie information" and then it shows me more info.
Is there a skin that shows following info while browsing movie listings:
-> Title,
-> Poster/Thumbnail image,
-> media info (whether HD, audio quality etc)
-> brief description
-> rating (preferably from Rotten Tomatoes but IMDB ratings will also do)
-> actor / actress name (without having to dig through menu)
-> option to play trailer (without having to dig through menu)

2. Like I added movie-source, I also added TV source (browsed to high level "TV" directory on my USB drive). It scans it but it doesn't download any art, posters, titles, numbering etc.
- when I click on "TV" shows
- it just shows me my video sources/folders
- then I can browse through folders and click on file to play it.
But I was hoping it'd be like movies.
For eg: if I clicked "TV", I want to be able to see
"24 Season 1" with poster image etc and then each episode organized in order.

I have one LARGE "TV" folder in my drive and I usually have it like this:
TV Shows
| ____ 24
|___ Season 1
|--------------------- 1.avi
|--------------------- 2.avi
|--------------------- hour 3.mkv
|___ Season 2

|____Cosmos
|--------------------- a.avi
|--------------------- b.mkv
|--------------------- c.avi

I mean, they are not named properly. But still, it should be able to scan all content and auto figure out correct names, right?
(2014-08-03, 21:12)1337techie Wrote: I mean, they are not named properly. But still, it should be able to scan all content and auto figure out correct names, right?

There are 30 guys in a room named "Bob", and you yell for your friend Bob. So the correct Bob and only that Bob is supposed to know you want him.

So no. See this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201216

As far as a skin that has all that you want, Aeon Nox 4 (Gotham)
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-08-03, 22:41)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2014-08-03, 21:12)1337techie Wrote: I mean, they are not named properly. But still, it should be able to scan all content and auto figure out correct names, right?

There are 30 guys in a room named "Bob", and you yell for your friend Bob. So the correct Bob and only that Bob is supposed to know you want him.

So no. See this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201216

As far as a skin that has all that you want, Aeon Nox 4 (Gotham)

Thanks very much. I went to my Fire TV XBMC (13.1) -> system -> appearance -> skins and I was able to download
Aeon Nox 5 and Aeon MQ 5. There was no option for Aeon Nox 4. I am going to try Aeon Nox 5 and update this thread if it works.

One more question:
My XBMC installation on Fire TV also shows on-screen-keyboard sometimes. But I am unable to press any keys with my Fire TV remote. Whenever the keyboard comes up, the default button on keyboard stays highlighted (usually the button is called "Done") so all I am able to do is press Done. That's it. I am not able to select any letters and type in the field. The direction-pad doesn't move the cursor to any letters on-screen-keyboard.

You may have installed using the Wiki but you did not read all of it....

Section 8
To make the remote work with XBMC's on-screen-keyboard, go to XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Input devices and enable Remote control sends keyboard presses

Tolax
(2014-08-04, 03:46)1337techie Wrote: Thanks very much. I went to my Fire TV XBMC (13.1) -> system -> appearance -> skins and I was able to download
Aeon Nox 5 and Aeon MQ 5. There was no option for Aeon Nox 4. I am going to try Aeon Nox 5 and update this thread if it works.

You just have to download it from the linked page, then install it from zip. System > Add-ons > Install from zip file.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Tinwarble is correct. It runs pretty dang well too! Perfect for adding the android apps to the menu and icon panels. I can honestly say that if Amazon keeps up with the apps it will be my holy grail Kodi setup.
The Fire TV is truly the holy grail with the addition of Kodi after previously using that miserably antiquated Roku platform for years. Its been nice to move on to a better entertainment experience.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV - XBMC skin to use, howto use onscreen keyboard howto scan TV shows?0