No channels but plays in VLC
(2014-08-05, 08:24)sub3 Wrote:
(2014-08-05, 06:52)Fleegerc Wrote: I just moved and I have free cable with this place. The cable guy said they don't even have cable cards which sounded strange to me. I just want the few channels I can get on there and will get a cable card sometime in the distant future maybe.
Ok. You may find your HDHomeRun Prime is more of an impediment when you try using it without a cable card. You might have been better of with a standard (non-cablecard) HDHomeRun.

I've had zero problems with my Prime without a cable card. As you said above, the only trick was to configure it as a QAM device. I'd consider a cablecard if I could find a list of what channels are marked copy freely by my cable provider. Then I could see whether it's worth the hassle.
Ok I'm trying to figure this out with no luck. I see 3 devices listed. In the HDHomerun software it scans for channels but will not display video in it's own software, only in vlc. In the nextpvr sofware there are 3 devices listed as well. It will not scan any channels at all. I don't see anywhere in the nextpvr that it even says atsc or qam. Please let me know which software I need to use and how to set it up that way. I am completely lost here. Ugh.
(2014-08-08, 08:19)Fleegerc Wrote: Ok I'm trying to figure this out with no luck. I see 3 devices listed. In the HDHomerun software it scans for channels but will not display video in it's own software, only in vlc. In the nextpvr sofware there are 3 devices listed as well. It will not scan any channels at all. I don't see anywhere in the nextpvr that it even says atsc or qam. Please let me know which software I need to use and how to set it up that way. I am completely lost here. Ugh.
I'm guessing you don't have the silicondust BDA drivers installed on the machine, so there is no ATSC/QAM BDA drivers on your machine, and no ATSC/QAM device options listed in NextPVR's Devices screen.
Ok so I changed the option from cable card to the other option in the HDHomerun software and now in the NextPVR software I can scan and get channels. But it still will not show the video. So frustrated at this point. I don't know why it will show video in VLC but not in NextPVR.
(2014-08-08, 20:15)Fleegerc Wrote: Ok so I changed the option from cable card to the other option in the HDHomerun software and now in the NextPVR software I can scan and get channels.
Great.

Quote:But it still will not show the video. So frustrated at this point. I don't know why it will show video in VLC but not in NextPVR.
I assume you're talking about in NextPVR itself, not XBMC? This is probably down to the video decoders you have set on your Settings->Decoders screen. In the US you'll be needing an MPEG2 video decoder and AC3 audio decoder so make sure these are set. If the decoders look good, make sure you have a test run with the firewall turned off, in case you've nrecord.exe/ndigitalhost.exe are still somehow being blocked from receiving data from the HDHR (the scan succeeding only proves nextpvr.exe is ok in the firewall settings)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No channels but plays in VLC0