shortcut to bring up filter dialogue box
Hy is there anyway you can bring up filter dialogue box when in video addons. I've tried action ID "Filter" and thats not working on my remote.xml keymap.

also is there an action that resets the filter? (clears out anything thats in the filter keyboard)

would be great if I can do this. Thankyou for your help
I've also had a look at MyVideoNav.xml
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis...Filter.xml

Its meant to be SendClick(19) (Filter the media files to only show items that include the specified string in the name )

but thats not working either
Bump...

there must be a way..anyone?
bump.. would be nice if someone new how to get this working
I just checked MyVideoNav.xml and I'm not sure but I think some dev has added "Control Fitler" since last time I checked and its now says it should be sendclick 15. but it still doesnt work, as a test I also used sendclick 2 to change viewtype and that did work so its not my method but a bug in kodi, if someone is willing to help I can provide anything

EDIT I have noticed that sendclick 15 says "control filter" but its a label and not a button...can it be something to do with that?
ActivateWindow(mediafilter)?

EDIT: strange that the action ID "Filter" doesn't work. Hmm..
Thanks Ned for lending a hand. I just tried ActivateWindow(mediafilter) and it brought up a dialogue box with "Filter Programs" at the top. with options OK and Clear. I'm not sure I am clear on what I'm trying to do.

If I'm in an addon and press right to bring up confluence side menu, theres an option filter, when I click on filter a dilaogue box pops up and then you can filter for any words. I want a shortcut that brings up that fitler dialogue box.

I used the action "Filter" and nothing happens. I've checked MyVideoNav.xml and it says it should be sendclick 15.
all this I place my videolibrary

<MyVideoLibrary>
<remote>
<zero>ActivateWindow(mediafilter)</zero>
<clear>xbmc.activatewindow(home)</clear>
</remote>
</MyVideoLibrary>

I know its the right place since I can change stuff in there and it registers it.

now that I've better explained it (hopefully) can you help Ned? or is this not possible?
Yeah, that's what I thought you meant. I thought that's what the filter action ID and filter window did. I'll try playing around with it if I have time.
Thanks Ned, If you do find any leads that would be great if you don't I won't expect a reply Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
shortcut to bring up filter dialogue box0