Win Synology DS213j, XBMC & Sony SMP N100
Smile 
Hi, A bit of background, so please bear with me - I do get to XBMC in the end Smile.

I am having problems getting my Sony SMP N100 media player to recognise video files (.divx, .avi & .wmv) stored on my Synology DS213j server. It recognises photos & music files on the DS213j OK but will only show the sub-directories under the video share - no files. I also use 2 x Seagate BlackArmor & 1 x Buffalo Linkstation which all stream all files to the SMP N100 fine.

I spoke to Sony & Synology and it appear that there is a compatibility issue between the two devices. However, to prove the DS213j server was working OK Synology recommended I installed XBMC. XBMC worked fine with the DS213j and I could play all video formats, photos & music. As Synology's software (Video Station) would not play the video files (unsupported format), Synology recommended I installed VLC. This also worked and now Video Station could play all video formats.

Having got this far, I still couldn't stream video files from the DS213j to the SMP N100. After a bit of research I installed Serviio. Voila!! Serviio recognised the SMP N100 and, after adding the DS213j's video, music & photo shares to Serviio's library, the SMP N100 could access Serviio as if it was a physical NAS drive! Problem solved. Until the next day!

I booted my PC & there was a Java update (installed by Serviio I think) which I applied. After a while I tried Serviio again and this time it wasn't working. I uninstalled & re-installed Serviio but no good. Then I checked XBMC - now it wasn't working, showing exactly the same problem as the SMP N100 - it lists the directories under the video share but does not see the .divx files. However, this time XBMC could not see the photo or music files either! I tried to access my Seagate & Buffalo NAS via XBMC - the same problem - no files. I have unistalled and reinstalled both XBMC & VLC bit it did not fix the problem.

It seems like Serviio has done something to mess up XBMC and / or some fundamental Windows (Win 7 Ultimate 64bit) setting for streaming files to a media player. Any help gratefully received (if you haven't fallen asleep due to the length - sorry!).

Thank you.
Have you tried reinstalling an old version of Servillo?

I just bought a SMP-N100 at my thrift shop and want to try using it on IPTV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Synology DS213j, XBMC & Sony SMP N1000