Release service.subtitles.undertexter (Undertexter.se - Swedish and English subtitles)
Undertexter.se subtitle add-on

Download Swedish and English subtitles from Undertexter.se (movies and TV-shows).

Notes:
  • To be able to search for Swedish and English subtitles you will have to add them to your subtitle settings
    Add Swedish and English (if you want both, of course) to "Languages to download subtitles for" in your settings (Video -> Subtitles)

Known issues:
Please report any issues here.

GitHub: https://github.com/xit/service.subtitles.undertexter

This add-on is available in the official repository!

Enjoy! Smile
Great, gonna test it tommorow!

Kan du få in den i den officiella repon? Tror många kommer att ha svårt att hitta den här.
Added support for English subtitles and made a request to get it added to the official repo.
Hey, tried it for a couple of movies and for some movies i got "error - couldnt download subtitle" when trying to choose it in the list.

Some movies worked great.

(swedish subs)
(2014-08-15, 04:57)charliebrown Wrote: Hey, tried it for a couple of movies and for some movies i got "error - couldnt download subtitle" when trying to choose it in the list.

(swedish subs)

Yeah, an error occurs sometimes when extracting the downloaded archive and at the moment I don't know why this happens. If you try to re-download the same subtitle one or two times it usually works.
I've submitted a temporary fix that works for me at least.

By the way, the add-on is in the official repository now.
(2014-08-15, 12:42)xit. Wrote:
(2014-08-15, 04:57)charliebrown Wrote: Hey, tried it for a couple of movies and for some movies i got "error - couldnt download subtitle" when trying to choose it in the list.

(swedish subs)

Yeah, an error occurs sometimes when extracting the downloaded archive and at the moment I don't know why this happens. If you try to re-download the same subtitle one or two times it usually works.

show a Debug Log
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-08-15, 12:47)Martijn Wrote: show a Debug Log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=268984

Code:
13:24:03 T:2768   DEBUG: ### Extracting archive: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.undertexter\temp\subtitle.zip
13:24:03 T:10128   DEBUG: CZipManager::GetZipList - Processing zip://C%3a%5cUsers%5cUsername%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cservice.subtitles.undertexter%5ctemp%5csubtitle.zip/
13:24:03 T:10128   DEBUG: ZipManager: unable to open file C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.undertexter\temp\subtitle.zip!
13:24:03 T:7056   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned successfully

Code:
13:24:13 T:3724   DEBUG: ### Extracting archive: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.undertexter\temp\subtitle.rar
13:24:13 T:10128   ERROR: rarmanager::extractarchive error while extracting C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.undertexter\temp\subtitle.rar
13:24:13 T:7056   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned successfully

The file does exist in the temp directory.
(2014-08-15, 12:42)xit. Wrote:

(swedish subs)

Yeah, i installed it from the official repo to be sure to get the updates. Thx for all the work, and hopefully that little bug will get squashed =)

Charlie
Hi! Great work XIT!

I am a developer myself but not familiar with python, more of a java programmer. So I cant help you out even if I wanted to :/ However I get the same error in the debug file but I am able to replicate it over and over again. Especially with one film:

Captain.Phillips.2013.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE

It has a synced subtitle from undertexter.se. Maybe it is something with the format of the subtitle.rar file, or the contains in it. Just a hint.

Nice work!
(2014-08-19, 13:18)eskimos20 Wrote: However I get the same error in the debug file but I am able to replicate it over and over again. Especially with one film:

Hmm, seems like some archives contain a subfolder where they have put the subtitle. My bad, didn't think of that. I'll fix that when I get the time.

EDIT: The extraction errors I described above does still happen from time to time though.
Okey so it still happens from time to time. The extraction procedure, do you know if it is an library include file used for that and is it possible to upgrade it or is it something that some developer have made him/herself ?

Its nice that you found that subtitle.rar can contain different file structure. It´s almost impossible sometimes as a developer to handle that kind of difference in input Smile But it might be nice to make it as dynamic as possible so that it can search for all files/folders and select the right one.
Thank you xit.
(2014-08-20, 08:56)eskimos20 Wrote: Its nice that you found that subtitle.rar can contain different file structure. It´s almost impossible sometimes as a developer to handle that kind of difference in input Smile But it might be nice to make it as dynamic as possible so that it can search for all files/folders and select the right one.

I've made an update now which should fix this problem (along with some other changes).

Pull request has been made so hopefully it will be available in the repo soon.
Great work Xit!

Much appreciated, have a nice weekend Smile

/Daniel
This add-on is defunct. undertexter.se does not provide subtitles anymore and add-on is failing with error messages like

Code:
HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.subtitles.undertexter/?action=search&languages=English&preferredlanguage=English

It is still in the official repository though. I am wondering how to request its removal.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.subtitles.undertexter (Undertexter.se - Swedish and English subtitles)1