Win Movie Posters not shown under Movies/Videos Section
Hi,

I am using stable release of XBMC 13.1 on Windows 8.1 I have a folder.jpg and a <moviename-fanart.jpg) residing next to the movie in each folder. While scanning the entire library XBMC does not display the movie poaster and istead picks up some random poster and shows it. This is not shown for all movies but for only some. I uninstalled entire XBMC with settings folder and re-installed the same, but get the same situation above.

Also deleted the thumbnails directory from local folder and re-scanned the entire library, but still same.

Has anyone else faced same problem and getting same rror and what would be wrong here.
Hi,

upgraded to 13.2 RC1 but still issues exists.
(2014-08-09, 04:05)samirbole Wrote: Hi,

I am using stable release of XBMC 13.1 on Windows 8.1 I have a folder.jpg and a <moviename-fanart.jpg) residing next to the movie in each folder. While scanning the entire library XBMC does not display the movie poaster and istead picks up some random poster and shows it. This is not shown for all movies but for only some. I uninstalled entire XBMC with settings folder and re-installed the same, but get the same situation above.

Also deleted the thumbnails directory from local folder and re-scanned the entire library, but still same.

Has anyone else faced same problem and getting same rror and what would be wrong here.

Shut down XBMC and navigate to \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\ and delete "Textures13.db" restart and it will rebuild your textures database.
Hope this helps.
Hi,

Deleting the Textures13.db file also did not work.
(2014-08-10, 15:33)woodside Wrote:
(2014-08-09, 04:05)samirbole Wrote: Hi,

Shut down XBMC and navigate to \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\ and delete "Textures13.db" restart and it will rebuild your textures database.
Hope this helps.

Hi,

Deleting the Textures13.db file also did not work.

Thanks and Regards,
What happens if you have: moviename-poster.jpg instead of folder.jpg?
(2014-08-11, 04:36)k4sh1n Wrote: What happens if you have: moviename-poster.jpg instead of folder.jpg?

Hi,

This works out fine for a few files. Now need to rename around 450 odd movies to this format <moviename (YYY)>-poster.jpg

Thanks for the tip.
(2014-08-11, 13:45)samirbole Wrote:
(2014-08-11, 04:36)k4sh1n Wrote: What happens if you have: moviename-poster.jpg instead of folder.jpg?

Hi,

This works out fine for a few files. Now need to rename around 450 odd movies to this format <moviename (YYY)>-poster.jpg

Thanks for the tip.

You could experiment with this:

@echo Off

For /D %%F In (%%F) Do (
CD "%%F"
Echo Ren folder.jpg "%%F-poster.jpg"
CD ..
)

Is that works the way you want it to work, then remove Echo in front of the Ren and run it again.
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
(2014-08-12, 00:08)XBMCLuver Wrote:
(2014-08-11, 13:45)samirbole Wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the tip.

You could experiment with this:

@echo Off

For /D %%F In (%%F) Do (
CD "%%F"
Echo Ren folder.jpg "%%F-poster.jpg"
CD ..
)

Is that works the way you want it to work, then remove Echo in front of the Ren and run it again.

My wife helped me with a java program to rename the files. I have a BFO file for every movie and the program copied the nfo filename and appended it before =poster :

Anyway, thanks for the above tip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Posters not shown under Movies/Videos Section0