• 21(current)
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore
What's the reasoning for the fast forward and rewind buttons having no function on the Fire TV remote? Or is something wrong with my install? Seems like an odd omission.
(2015-01-22, 22:38)jbaconbits Wrote: What's the reasoning for the fast forward and rewind buttons having no function on the Fire TV remote? Or is something wrong with my install? Seems like an odd omission.

Try using one of the alternate keymaps provided on the Kodi/AFTV Wiki.
(2015-01-23, 00:42)mjbxx Wrote:
(2015-01-22, 22:38)jbaconbits Wrote: What's the reasoning for the fast forward and rewind buttons having no function on the Fire TV remote? Or is something wrong with my install? Seems like an odd omission.

Try using one of the alternate keymaps provided on the Kodi/AFTV Wiki.

I did but it doesn't seem to work. I used the file manager method and restarted but it doesn't seem to take even though the new key map is still in the right directory.
(2015-01-23, 03:20)jbaconbits Wrote:
(2015-01-23, 00:42)mjbxx Wrote: Try using one of the alternate keymaps provided on the Kodi/AFTV Wiki.

I did but it doesn't seem to work. I used the file manager method and restarted but it doesn't seem to take even though the new key map is still in the right directory.

Try using one of the utility apps listed below that can be extremely helpful.

- AFTV Utility App - (Windows)

- adbFire - (Win/Mac/Linux)
(2015-01-22, 14:23)Koying Wrote: I plan to do an actual proper release when Kodi 14.1 is published.

OK, super - I hope you could solve the crashing issue on libstagefright when using LiveTV (HD) over vnsi.
On regular Kodi 14.0 and 14.1-rc all is working. So I think some SPMC-special-Patches are the reason.

Ryker
(2015-01-22, 14:23)Koying Wrote: I plan to do an actual proper release when Kodi 14.1 is published.

Have they (Amazon) every said why it can't be directly installed and show up on the apps list? Yes I've done the workaround but whe nI update a new version it vanishes and the only way I can get it back (to the recently used list) is to UNREGISTER and REREGISTER the FireStick, then SyncContent. (pardon if I missed the answer)
OK maybe I just havent read enough. I just downloaded SPMC on my android phone and it will not play MP4s. It will play all other formats but not my720p MP4s
I have this on my Fire TV and it's great. However, when using 1.3.4.0 and the newer Helix betas, when I press the back button on my remote while sitting at the home screen a little box pops up that says "Press again to Minimize." Is there a way to disable this? The normal Kodi builds don't do this and SPMC 1.3.3.3 didn't do this.

It's just a minor annoyance when backing out of menus and you hit back too many times and it exits the app. Am I overlooking something?

edit: Well I just realized I can do it through keymap.
Is there a way to remap the home button?
Every so often SPMC will kick me out and return to main screen on Amazon Fire TV. Is this a bug? I am on 13.3.3. Apologies if this has been answered already.
Hi, I just recently switched from XBMC to SPMC and so far I have to say it is looking great.
However, I read in this thread that SPMC is meant to disable hardware decoding for MP4 files. Now, I do have some mp4 files (XVID) which have a terrible stuttering while viewing - and if I disable hardware decoding inside the settings, they play fine. As it seems, SPMC is not disabling hardware decoding for this file.
Is there a way to force it through the advanced settings somehow?

Using 13.4.0
Kodi 14.1 announcement has me keeping an eye on this thread. Smile
Considering Dropbox? My referral will net us both 500MB.
SPMC 14.1.0 released: http://spmc.semperpax.com/

Once I'm sure there are no major issues, I'll publish in stores.
Excellent news and I look forward to testing it out on my AFTV.

Many thanks
Hi Koying.

Thank you so much for the new SPMC release -- I'm keen to try it out. Could you confirm the upgrade process? Will SPMC 14.X only upgrade/migrate a SPMC 13.X installation, while leaving alone any existing XBMC or Kodi installation?

Also, I was wondering if you had any further thoughts on the Android app and shutdown timer behaviour outlined below?
(2014-11-21, 11:54)Koying Wrote:
(2014-11-21, 11:48)guido1138 Wrote: There was one issue I found that I'd like to run by you and others on the forum. The 13.x Gotham release introduced a feature that lets SPMC directly launch Android apps and then return to SPMC on exit. However, I noticed the SPMC shutdown timer (from the Power Saving menu setting) continues to run in the background while the Android app is active. In my SPMC settings, I've configured a 5-minute shutdown timer to put my box in suspend mode. What this means is that when I launch Hulu Plus from SPMC and watch a video, my FTV suspends itself every 5 minutes and has to be woken with a key press.

Is it possible for SPMC to temporarily suspend this timer when launching an Android app, and enable it when the app exits? Would a change like this make sense for XBMC/Kodi in general?

That would make sense indeed, but I'll have to check how the shutdown timer is supposed to work, first Wink

Many thanks for all your efforts!

p.s. I just found there's also an existing SPMC issue open related to the shutdown timer:
SPMC Issue #16
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore5