• 35(current)
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore
(2015-06-18, 09:19)harlekin Wrote: http://boingboing.net/2010/04/02/why-i-w...nk-yo.html

LOL @ Cory Doctorow.

Now he's giving his book away free for on the iPad.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/makers-b...86781?mt=8

At least there's still one fork of Kodi left. The one most newbies are after.
>LOL @ Cory Doctorow.

You should make a T-Shirt out of that. Maybe take a selfie.

If you dont like the man (that just held a Keynote at Republica 2015, which is a conference supposedly held by the digital society) because he is "selling out" (his books) on iTunes - why not consider his position from 2010 instead? Why dont you attack the sentiment he stands for - and which is entirely viable in this case as well.

Why dont you tell everyone that the "one fork still available on Amazon" with any kind of noticeable distribution numbers is Plex. Which has always pronounced, that it will put in DRM into Kodi Code and vet extensions with content providers money, to even get a chance of a stab at Apples App Store. Why dont you mention, that Plex will allow content providers to specify if they dont want to have their apps run on a TV or on a tablet - because they'd much rather have them use their web interface on those plattforms instead?

You know - like actually start thinking about the issues here.

Working for Kodi must be so fun, if from now on you only have Plex' perspective in mind - and this is hopefully working out for all the people who chose to remain silent when a Media Player was banned from distribution on Amazon. Slight correction - not "a mediaplayer" - the most popular open source media player there is.

Characterize for me with what prospect developers should still work on Kodi, when this is considered "what happens if you dont include DRM hooks in your software"?
(2015-06-18, 10:42)harlekin Wrote: >LOL @ Cory Doctorow.

You should make a T-Shirt out of that. Maybe take a selfie.

If you dont like the man (that just held a Keynote at Republica 2015, which is a conference supposedly held by the digital society) because he is "selling out" (his books) on iTunes - why not consider his position from 2010 instead? Why dont you attack the sentiment he stands for - and which is entirely viable in this case as well.

Why dont you tell everyone that the "one fork still available on Amazon" with any kind of noticeable distribution numbers is Plex. Which has always pronounced, that it will put in DRM into Kodi Code and vet extensions with content providers money, to even get a chance of a stab at Apples App Store. Why dont you mention, that Plex will allow content providers to specify if they dont want to have their apps run on a TV or on a tablet - because they'd much rather have them use their web interface on those plattforms instead?

You know - like actually start thinking about the issues here.

Working for Kodi must be so fun, if from now on you only have Plex' perspective in mind - and this is hopefully working out for all the people who chose to remain silent when a Media Player was banned from distribution on Amazon. Slight correction - not "a mediaplayer" - the most popular open source media player there is.

Characterize for me with what prospect developers should still work on Kodi, when this is considered "what happens if you dont include DRM hooks in your software"?

I like it.
On XDA, the thread containing the discussion about Amazon banning Kodi from its distribution channels was closed again -- while I was escalating the issue of the thread closings to the Administrators of the forum via backchannels.

Currently I have both a warning, that any attempt to rekindle the discussion will result in a permanent ban of my account on XDA by a moderator, and a lengthy reply by one of the forums administrators stating that it is entirely fine to have this discussion on XDA, encouraging me to have it in the thread that just got closed down.

Just to give you a little behind the scenes of what is going on right now. It's crazy.
To be fair, ranting about amazon really doesn't belong on XDA's website. It's not on topic for them. It's technically not on topic for this specific forum for Kodi, but we don't mind (for now).
If you look into the way the thread was structured, the reasons they gave for closing it down - we had a conversation going about general purpose computing, Amazon employing double standards, excluding plugins requiring DRM hooks, and plugin vetting not being a viable solution.

The first thread was closed down, because all of this was conceptualized as "spam" (I have the acknowledgment from an XDA admin, that this probably wasnt a valid reason), the second thread was closed, because talking about those issues caused "turmoil".

Final sentence, the entire discussion is held and won by contextualizing. Name calling, so to speak. So to be confronted with the "ranting" label, doesnt help. Media savvyness is required.

I have placed my last posting in here, because I wanted XDAs conflicted reaction to be part of the overall context. And right now this wasnt possible on XDA, not until the background discussions have taken place.

If I decide on moving again, depending on what comes back from XDAs admin panel, or after a reasonable time for them to react has passed - it wont be in this topic.
update: I just got my response back from the XDA admins, which basically amounts to - When we first made the statement that the topic should be able to be tackled on XDA, we didnt talk to our moderators - and looking at the situation now, we see that it would cost us too many man-hours to moderate it. The issue is not the problem, its the emotions it is generating. Paraphrased - but not entirely by much, including the last part - because I have some integrity.

So thats it for talking about the issue on XDA.

final update: The moderator responsible for shutting down the discussion, clarified to me that he sees his involvement as a routine job, that had nothing to do with the content of the subject - then reemphasized, that XDA wouldnt have any ambitions to be a public forum, it is simply a privately owned site. He ended his statement with the observation, that people on XDA just didnt want to discuss this rationally.

I now allow myself one sentence of commentary - I guess killing the discussion really was their only option.
I would not worry too much as some users on here are pissed off enough that apps from Developers on the XDA forum are actively being sent to the Amazon legal team for scrutiny for facilitating Piracy. The Mods can shut down discussion all they like on a private Website. It won't kill the discussion in the Public domain or prevent removal of a certain number of their apps.

These facilitation Apps on the XDA forum are just blood sucking Kodi leeches, any Newbie could package.

(2015-06-20, 21:21)harlekin Wrote: So thats it for talking about the issue on XDA.

I sincrely thank XDA for stopping anyone who believes that they are above all others and want to push their own agenda on a forum. BRAVO TO XDA FOR SEEING IT FOR WHAT IT WAS! Silence can be golden at times.
With that in mind, let's all stop talking about XDA.
Then lets talk about "the agenda". Because I've had enough of people attacking an open discussion on the topic in the past days - without even stating what they found so despicable about it - "they saw it for what it was"

1. And what was that (except "not silence") - now that we have introduced all capital letters to it?

2. And somehow, no they didnt - because at this point in time, I get strange PNs from senior moderators i hadnt talked to in the past, politely asking me, if I would have been under the mistaken impression, that their moderators get paid for their work, or would have masters degrees in english, which I am frankly very confused about.

Pinky promise - this was the last time that I have mentioned the sites handling of the situation in here. Fullstop. But if I get attacked on surface appearance at all, and then a moderator tries to stop the discussion - the last thing that stands is public slander. And I try not to go for that, if possible.
(2015-06-17, 19:42)Koying Wrote: Indeed. However, seems easier to get kicked off than to unpublish an app.
You have to open a ticket for this. Go figure...

Here is the request
Quote:App Withdrawal.

In light of your ridiculous removal of Kodi from you store and by solidarity, I hereby request that you remove my SPMC (com.semperpax.spmc) app from your store.

Regards

Well, looks like it's gone. That was quick ..... unfortunately. :-(
OK. Koying now that 15rc1 is out, Ill be keeping my eye out for the SPMC build. Not on Amazon of course. (through your other web page stuff). Oh and no rush. I know your probably busy.
Quick question - im on 13.4 an a fire TV and when I upgrade to any new version its a fresh new install. Downgrading back to 13.4 gives me all my saved addons etc..so im still on 13.4 - haven't had any issues with it so probably will just stick with it but curious if there is any way to upgrade without loosing my data

thanks in advance
amlogic-support doesnt work in spmc 15
high bitrate videos are stuttering in spmc 15 with amlogic S802
hardware acceleration is activated but seems not to work with amlogic S802

and pvr iptv simple client has a little audio dropout every 30 seconds
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore5