Revive Hulu as subscriber only?
Lightbulb 
Is there any interest in a *Subscriber Only* version of the hulu plugin?

I had some code to play the iOS Apple HLS streams. They are AES encrypted but they provide the key and iv (they seem to be always the same). these require you be subscribed though. I have been grabbing the 720p 3200kbps streams without issue. I need to play with the tiers(web,mobile,living room) and see what is possible. There is some limitation of content based on your viewing tier.

Use Chromecast?
I also had some testing code that would let you browser hulu/netflix in XBMC but then sends the command to my chromecast to start the content. The chromecast automatically switch tv inputs for me. I had to manually switch back when complete. I was looking to make this process more automated. I haven't thought enough about it.

I am anxious to get my hands on the new chromecast root method from defcon this year. It should allow me to explore that device some more.
I wrote a modifying proxy (using libmproxy) that strips ads from hulu web sessions by modifying encrypted ad requests. I want to do something similar for chromecast but need to insert my own root ca in the device for ssl intercept.

any community interest in theses ideas? I am not sure what people are using nowadays. I have been unplugged from the community since for a while. Where I was working went bankrupt. :/

Thanks
Welcome back BlueCop! :-) I would definitely be interested in a subscriber only version of the Hulu plugin. I used the old plugin regularly and it was disappointing to say the least when it stopped working.
I would be interested as everything I watch on hulu is on hulu plus. Most everything that is on the regular hulu is on ustv vod, your old freecable. I don't use chromecacast, but anything for xbmc would be great.
HI BlueCop, I would be very interested!
here's another plus plus for this. I only used the old plugin with my huluplus credentials. It would be great to have that functionality back.
Wow, you're alive!

I don't subscribe to Hulu, but just wanted to say welcome back, we all missed you!
I'm all for subscriber only... Welcome back.
Welcome back! I would most definitely be interested in a subscriber version of Hulu.
I would be intertwined aswel, welcome back...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Very very interested. We use it a lot and would love to have to not need to switch boxes to use it.
I would be very interested in a subscriber Hulu addon.
+1 to this! (welcome back)
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."
wooo hooo!!!
count me in!!!
welcome back, bluecop... even I feel like you've always been around. Smile

i also have a chromecast, and would be interested in that aspect too.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Great to have you back online.
BlueCop,

I just noticed we both joined xbmc.org at the same time: May 2004, which seems like ages ago in terms of where Xbox Media Center was back then to where XBMC is today!
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revive Hulu as subscriber only?2