Revive Hulu as subscriber only?
Ok, I give dash another look. I noticed dash as well as widevine but wrote them off because of the DRM, whereas HLS uses simple AES key. Some versions of the IOS app are using mobile dash, but I was using an app version that still can use HLS. For both dash and widevine, downloading the entire video and audio components is super simple, but they are encrypted. HLS is probably on the way out anyway. I'll take a look at dash, perhaps the inputstream binary the Germans are using for Amazon may be useful. Thanks.
@toejam, if you get this working again, you will be BOSS!!!

keep us posted... maybe start a new thread with your progress.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2016-06-10, 06:39)toejam Wrote: ... HLS is probably on the way out anyway. I'll take a look at dash, perhaps the inputstream binary the Germans are using for Amazon may be useful. ....
Yes and yes. Works quite well, you do require a subscription. I really couldn't be bothered with Hulu any longer, the content that I'm interested in is available legally and free elsewhere.
(2016-06-10, 06:39)toejam Wrote: Ok, I give dash another look. I noticed dash as well as widevine but wrote them off because of the DRM, whereas HLS uses simple AES key. Some versions of the IOS app are using mobile dash, but I was using an app version that still can use HLS. For both dash and widevine, downloading the entire video and audio components is super simple, but they are encrypted. HLS is probably on the way out anyway. I'll take a look at dash, perhaps the inputstream binary the Germans are using for Amazon may be useful. Thanks.
How's the progress coming along?
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
Any updates? I'm a subscriber.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
There is a hulu tool going around on the dark web. But is doesn't use the chrome widevine bug, it uses a server hole.

So, the two methods that I'm aware of for hulu (chrome widevine bug & server hole) are not appropriate for an add-on. Using either of these methods in an add-on would just cause problems for the reputation of kodi.
Hmm I'm unaware of that "Hulu tool" but I'm a legit subscriber to Hulu. I'm just hoping for a better way to view Hulu in Kodi without having to use Playon. It'd be nice to have a similar add-on to Flix2Kodi for Hulu.
Such a tool would violate our forum rules (wiki) as would any addon making use of it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hmm I think I'm totally being misunderstood here. I just want a Hulu addon similar to that of Flix2Kodi if that makes sense? If this is breaking the rules wouldn't Flix2Kodi break the rules as well? sorry if I misunderstood what this thread is for but I am a legit subscriber to Hulu.
My post above was in reply to toejam's not yours. We posted at the same time.

What you are looking for should be fine if it exists, as long as login requirements etc are observed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Oh my apologies man. An add-on used to exist but hasn't worked in a very long time.
guys any updates on the hulu addon ?

im a subrscriber nd plan to use chromecast in the meantime. however using kodi shold be more convenient

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revive Hulu as subscriber only?2