How to make XBMC distinguish decimal values in channels in EPG?
Sorry, this is hard for me to explain, but basically, my EPG works fine, but it only shows the first item in a list of channels. For example, I have a channel that is 10.1, which is my NBC channel. I also have 10.2 which is another channel altogether. However, in the EPG timeline view, it only shows 10.2's info when I view them. (They are in the same group)

I can view 10.1's EPG info when I view it in a group that doesn't contain 10.2. So basically, the EPG can only distinguish the '10' and will only switch to the first 10 in the list. This also applies for a series of channels that start with 61. (i.e 61.1, 61.2, 61.3, etc.) It only shows one of the 61's EPG info and when I select any of the 61 channels in the Channel View list, it will go to the first 61. I could then hit Channel up to go to the others.

Is there are way to make it recognize the decimal values in the channel frequencies or do I need to assign distinct integer numbers to each channel so the PVR can distinguish between them?

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense. I appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Hi, your question makes sense. We have seen this before (happens to everyone with sub channel setups, eg those of you in the USA - we dont have such a thing here in Australia).

Anyway, it seems to be a limitation of XBMC EPG grid etc, probably some places that only use integer data type and thus a decimal is getting truncated.

The good news is you can get things working - you need to DISABLE the option in XBMC System -> Settings -> LiveTV to "synchronise channel numbers with backend". By turning this option off, XBMC will allocate numeric channel numbers to yours, and your 10.1 10.2 etc will get their own independent numbering and should work in the EPG and so on.

The bad news is that this isnt ideal or user friendly because your channel numbers wont be what you are used to. But this is the only way ive seen to get it working.

We cant do anything in the PVR Addon space to fix this, we already do support the decimal sub channels... it is XBMC itself that isn't handling it. You could post in the general PVR Development forum to see if someone could fix the XBMC side so you could use backend channel numbering with subchannels
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Actually I think the option you want to turn off is called "Use backend channel numbers"
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thank you, this worked. Really appreciate the help!

EDIT:

Just to clarify for any one else who runs across this problem:

I have "Synchronize channel groups with backend": OFF
"Always use the channel order from backend": OFF
"Use backend channel numbers": OFF

This listed the channels in sequential order (1,2,3), but it allows me to switch to different channels, which is what I really want.
So as mentioned above, the only problem is the channel numbers don't correspond to their real life channel numbers.
(2014-08-11, 23:32)fanatix Wrote: Thank you, this worked. Really appreciate the help!

EDIT:

Just to clarify for any one else who runs across this problem:

I have "Synchronize channel groups with backend": OFF
"Always use the channel order from backend": OFF
"Use backend channel numbers": OFF

This listed the channels in sequential order (1,2,3), but it allows me to switch to different channels, which is what I really want.
So as mentioned above, the only problem is the channel numbers don't correspond to their real life channel numbers.
The Channel Groups option is whether you want to bring over groups (Favorite Lineups in WMC terms). This shouldnt have any impact on your channel numbering and could be enabled if you want

"Always use channel order" should also be able to be enabled, this would present channels in the order that the backend sends (and might be helpful in this case)

The "Use backend channel numbers" is the one you need OFF if you dont want the decimal channel numbers to flow through
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Hi guys, I came across this feed while I was looking for a way to setup my Xbmc to run iptv. I haven't been able to do that at all. Can someone help me find a way to setup any type of iptv on my system. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Alexander116, you are in the wrong sub forum for iptv. Try one level up from here in the general 'PVR help and support' forum.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make XBMC distinguish decimal values in channels in EPG?0