• 41(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-10-30, 04:33)catmantx Wrote: After update to Version 1.1.4

Add to XBMC Favorites works but can't play any sopcast stream.
Play fine in Addon but not from the XBMC Favorites anymore.

Please fix it soon!

Thank you for your work!

Sorry I forgot to mention the platform. (Linux, Android and Windows).
Not working on any of them.

Thank you!

PS:I installed Version 1.1.3 and disable updates and it works fine with 1.1.3
(2014-10-30, 14:54)enen92 Wrote: Glad to see u here I'm still following tottenham matches whenever possible Wink
I already explained why that problem with sopcast happens. It happens in every platform however as in other platforms the file is retrieved from a remote location (by http) the player stops and buffers (1 or 2 minutes normally). Sometimes the stream drops as well, mainly in android.
In OSX as the file is being saved to the disk and forwarded to the player when it is buffering no content is being downloaded so the file you're playing doesn't increase its size. So xbmc reaches quickly the end of file (EOF). The sopcast binary is still working on the background and the time you need to restart the stream is normally enough to stabilize the p2p network and to get a good download speed. Hence, the stream plays pretty well afterwards.

I've been using this only on osx for the past few days and the results have been pretty good. Acestreams behave better than with the older engine Big Grin
A pity it doesn't work on the pi and other linux arm devices but at least the update improved the technology a lot making the user experience so much better.

PS: You can "solve" this issue if you increase the player timeout on sopcast tab settings. Make it one minute or so..and I doubt the stream will drop after that. However if you do something like this you'll have 1 minute stream delay + the delay of the actual stream. Pretty unpractical and probably better to suffer 1 drop and play it fine afterwards
Theres enough comedy on the TV without watching Tottenham matches !!! I watched your match vs Spoting Braga on Sunday...i thought you deserved something from the match.

sorry mate, i misunderstood and thought that any sopcast kickout would happen sooner....tbh honest this has only happened once, since then i haven't adjusted the delay and the sopcast streams just keep playing Smile Smile
Nice feature i noticed was the addon history...whoever thought that one up is a genius Wink....seriously though, it will come in very useful.
(2014-10-30, 15:08)catmantx Wrote:

Please fix it soon!

Thank you for your work!

Thank you!

Yap, I've reproduced the problem. Not sure what has caused this but I'll have a look

------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the error (fixed it on github), the while loop in lines 254,255 in resources/core/sopcast.py should be out of the if block. You can check the changes here:

https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-XB...6daf675476
deleted

(2014-10-30, 16:56)enen92 Wrote:
(2014-10-30, 15:08)catmantx Wrote:

Please fix it soon!

Thank you for your work!

Thank you!

Yap, I've reproduced the problem. Not sure what has caused this but I'll have a look

------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the error (fixed it on github), the while loop in lines 254,255 in resources/core/sopcast.py should be out of the if block. You can check the changes here:

https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-XB...6daf675476

Thank you for the quick fix!!!

Sorry for my ignorance but I will not be able to modify the sopcast.py.
It's anyway I can get the file from some place?

Again THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK!!!

Cat
You can download the file using your Linux terminal:

Code:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-XBMC/master/plugin.video.p2p-streams/resources/core/sopcast.py

Just replace it on $HOME/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.p2p-streams/resources/core/sopcast.py

Update first to 1.1.4 otherwise you'll face errors.
(2014-10-30, 17:22)enen92 Wrote: You can download the file using your Linux terminal:

Code:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-XBMC/master/plugin.video.p2p-streams/resources/core/sopcast.py

Just replace it on $HOME/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.p2p-streams/resources/core/sopcast.py

Update first to 1.1.4 otherwise you'll face errors.

Again,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK!

I'll test it tonight when I get home!!!

PS: Tested on my phone (Android) and WORKS!!!
I and others have a problem when trying to run an Acestream feed on a Pi the countdown dialogue appears but no strean ever connects just get a maeesage failed to connect this is when running with Gotham 13.2.
I know the stream is valid because it runs fine on my W7 PC.
I tried the downloading modules on boot option but the error persists.
Is this a known problem? is there a workaround available?

Thanks in advance
(2014-10-31, 10:57)spot01 Wrote: I and others have a problem when trying to run an Acestream feed on a Pi the countdown dialogue appears but no strean ever connects just get a maeesage failed to connect this is when running with Gotham 13.2.

Thanks in advance

(2014-10-23, 21:18)enen92 Wrote: Unless they stream with backwards compatibility the addon (ACESTREAMS) won't work anymore on linux arm or osx.
So, no need to come here in a raw.
Although, thanks to enen , the osx part doesn't apply anymore, the rest is still valid.
(2014-10-31, 11:35)gb160 Wrote:
(2014-10-31, 10:57)spot01 Wrote: I and others have a problem when trying to run an Acestream feed on a Pi the countdown dialogue appears but no strean ever connects just get a maeesage failed to connect this is when running with Gotham 13.2.

Thanks in advance

(2014-10-23, 21:18)enen92 Wrote: Unless they stream with backwards compatibility the addon (ACESTREAMS) won't work anymore on linux arm or osx.
So, no need to come here in a raw.
Although, thanks to enen , the osx part doesn't apply anymore, the rest is still valid.

Thanks for the quick response
Enen, using acestreams under osx, if I change the engine settings via the taskbar.....they get reset whenever the engine resets, is there a way to make the settings stick ?
No big deal if not....I'm aware you haven't got access to a mac, but thought you might know what file holds the engine settings in the AceStream.app.
I agree with you that the performance is a lot better than the old rusty mac engine.
I didn't have enough time with a mac around for that. I think you have to copy the .ACEStream folder to the application data folder inside the app.
I'll check next time I have one around. I have one older mac now but it has to be formated/backup
Lol...Well I've had two attempts now and managed to mess it all up!!
I'll wait until you can find the time mate, it's no big deal.
Ps. I knew you would get with the times sooner or later and buy a mac...Steve Jobs would be proud of u!!!
http://www.everyjoe.com/wp-content/uploa...rstmac.jpg
ahah I'd never buy any apple product. It's an old 2005 crashed macbook (running snow leopard lol) my brother gave me. It even requires to be always wired as the battery died. The disk is also rubish and slow.
He needs to backup some info from it before I can wipe everything and luckily be usable after that for p2p, testing or development.

PS: Tim Cook is the representation of all mac users: http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/30/71308...-to-be-gay Tongue

The Russian mate who made that acestream.app mailed neno with the answer to that, you need to copy the .Acestream folder and patch the registry so the settings can be always kept in place
This really should come as no surprise mate....Tim Cooks camper than a Christmas tree!!
Cheers for the tip on Acestream engine settings....I might have another attempt.
Do u think it will be possible to adjust these settings via the addon eventually or is that not going to happen?
Any idea why acestream is not working with openelec? It was working with older p2p streams.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14