• 7(current)
Release AUTOMATIC (and/or manual) AUDIO SWITCHER for different Audio Output
(2016-08-30, 08:56)gurabli Wrote: First of all, thanks @marv_el for creating this great add-on, your work is very much appreciated!

Yea, this is really great! Saves a lot of time here! Wheel-reinventing was the hard work here.

(2016-08-30, 08:56)gurabli Wrote: You mentioned that you would like to customize the code, what ideas do you have that we could further improve the functionality of this add-on?

Well, I already fixed a small part, the main loop (in code on Github, not in a new release). It wasn't checking the result of monitor.abortRequested (which should tell the addon to stop) but it checked this function itself - which basically returns true all the time in python. Also the .sleep could be better handled with monitor.waitForAbort(), which cancels before the timeout happens. But these are small fixes you will not feel in the gui

First of all, I'll install the bluetooth A2DP device which arrived today. Then I'll test Smile (Edit: Done and working)

I'm still in the desicion if all features should be placed in that one addon, currently I think it will be better to have multiple once. Therefore I'll mark the features and fixes I need with (this) or (another), to give you an overview where it will probably be implemented. Nevertheless, I want to integrate the addons with each other, so that they know the state of each other.

I want to:
  • (this) review code, make it object oriented and avoid duplicates (e.g. rpc-calls), make use of python built-ins (json).
  • (this) move all settings to plugin settings. Audio and video device are saved in a file as I could see.
  • (this) I respect the way the selection of audio and video device works, really intuitive. A slight improvement could be a execution action inside the settings dialog and an option to save the current device as audio/video default in the settings. This would make later switches easier.
  • (this) Test if all Playback-options I use are supported: I think of normal audio and video, and also PVR, different Addons, ...
  • probably (another): handling of power save & cec commands based on type of playback and other things (I do not need my TV turned on while watching music, even if I use a Tablet app to control kodi. But I will need the TV on if switching to other sources using a RFID-Remote. This is just an example, but I think it shows where it should head to.
  • ... more to follow.

If you gurabli or any other here have good ideas to make these things better and easier - feel free to write an 'issue' on GitHub. There I'll usually see it within some hours when I'm at home. You can also fork the project and get your hands on code, if you did something useful send a pull request and I will implement.

Sorry for the long text, this should really be a quick overview but there are so many things to say Smile

Thanks for your warm welcome (and tell Cloudflare that 'sleep with Opening and Closing Bracet' isn't bad enough to block it)
Greetings from Austria
Florian.
Nice job, but I was wondering if there was a quick way to turn passthrough on and off? My girlfriend uses Kodi but her surround headphones are connected via SPDIF. All I want to do is turn it on and off with a keypress (remote, etc). That way she can switch back and forth between speakers (audio out) and headphones (SPDIF).
(2016-09-13, 00:14)Wagg Wrote: Nice job, but I was wondering if there was a quick way to turn passthrough on and off? My girlfriend uses Kodi but her surround headphones are connected via SPDIF. All I want to do is turn it on and off with a keypress (remote, etc). That way she can switch back and forth between speakers (audio out) and headphones (SPDIF).

Hi, I did add your question here (because I seldom see this thread):
https://github.com/LaggAt/LaggAt-Kodi/issues/1

I don't have that Passthru option in my Audio setting - when is this shown?
If possible please answer on github.

Thanks,
Florian.

btw:
I did a split in two apps, a control plugin which controls an audio switcher plugin. I'm testing it on my kodi, there should be a first functional release next week.
@epicfail: Servus Smile
I'm not able to PM here, but you also wrote on github, so I'll answer there.
In short: think we will solve your problems with the new design I've in mind.
Next: see you there: https://github.com/LaggAt/LaggAt-Kodi/issues/2
Hi,
I was gone for a while, but I see LaggAt is doing a great work. Any chances to add PVR to automatic profile switching? Now pvr is not detected, it remains the same audio output. Do you think you can add this? Many thanks!

Sent from my Xperia Z3 Compact
(2016-10-31, 08:55)gurabli Wrote: Hi,
I was gone for a while, but I see LaggAt is doing a great work. Any chances to add PVR to automatic profile switching? Now pvr is not detected, it remains the same audio output. Do you think you can add this? Many thanks!

Sent from my Xperia Z3 Compact (typie typie)

Hi, yes, that's an issue we both have. I do a lot of PVR, watching TV and listening to radio. All should be configurable in future.

Btw. don't worry, I follow this thread from time to time ... BUT if you want a quick response post an issue on GitHub.
https://github.com/LaggAt/LaggAt-Kodi/issues
This forum here doesn't allow me to PM, so I cannot answer on PM's here. So if possible I'll answer them inside this thread here.

So, let's start a weekend coding ... wish me success Smile
Hi guys, short state ... switching audio/video will work, doesn't matter if it's from PVR, Livestream or from local files. I've done basic work for the "EventProfiles" plugin, and I think it will be a great controller for so many things.

What stops me from a release is the GUI, a simple settings dialog offers me too less options, does anyone know good references for xbmcgui.WindowXML? I need to get into that much deeper.
Great work LaggAt, so I get this right that switchin audio stream now works for PVR too? I just need to use your version from Github? Or you still need to do some job with the GUI?

Great work, and again, many thanks!

(2016-11-16, 09:49)gurabli Wrote: Great work LaggAt, so I get this right that switchin audio stream now works for PVR too? I just need to use your version from Github? Or you still need to do some job with the GUI?

Great work, and again, many thanks!

Sent from my Xperia Z3 Compact (typie typie)
Hi, I need to do some work on the Gui which makes it possible to configure the system. If you want you can install my repository, as soon as I release it's just an upgrade to apply.

To my gui issues: I need to support an unlimited number of profiles, which isn't possible in a configuration page. Thats why I write my own Gui. There is very few documentation, I need to find out how it is done by looking at other plugins. Help is still very welcome.

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk
Yay, found my mistake ... I used the wrong extension point in the addon.xml, such a stupid error Smile
For today I'm off, Give me some evenings for a beta Version.
Of course, take your time! I am afraid that I can't help you as I don't know anything about this, I am just an advanced user. I will keep following your work and will test it once a beta version is released.
And once again, thanks!

Happy New Year!
Audio Switcher is one of the reasons I'm using Kodi. (btw: no AVR - just HTPC with APO EQ / room correction + 6ch DAC + Power Amp).

For my setup it would be really great to toggle STEREO UPMIX (in addition to Device, Passthrough, Channels).

Is that possible somehow - did I miss it?
... or can I request this Huh

My dreams would be come true....

Thanks a lot!
@candrian Not sure, but when you are configuring a profile, did you try to set a Stereo Upmix, and a different one in the second profile?

@LaggAt I hope you are reading this, I opened two issues at Github, and I wanted to follow up with your work on the add on. I was hoping you have a version with PVR support ready...
@gurabli,
I checked it and it seems that you can configure via automatic switcher "only":
- device
- passthrough y/n
- channels
So adding "stereo upmix y/n" to the automatic switchable attributes would be great.
Or another idea: the combination with the addon "Audio Profiles" would also be good.
Defining the audio profile for music and video via "Audio Profiles" and do automatic switching via "Automatic Audio Switcher".
Just dreaming.....

@ LaggAt:
how can I sponsor you? Big Grin
I actually thought about this too. In Audio Profiles add-on you can set almost everything. Didn't check, but I thin stereo upmix too, since you set each option for a given profile.
Automatic Audio Switcher should do the same, and of course, switch automatically between the profiles based on the content played. Perhaps really the combination of these two add-ons would bring out the best.

1) Set all the audio profiles needed in Audio Profiles Add-on
2) Use Automatic Audio Switcher to recognize the content played (most likely Video, PVR, Music), link a content to a profile created in Audio Profiles. Audio Profiles accept a simple json for switching, so Automatic Audio Switcher should only trigger a json line for each profile.

Uff, got this really complicated, but I hope you get the meaning. I would like to do it, but no experience at all, and no time to learn now.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AUTOMATIC (and/or manual) AUDIO SWITCHER for different Audio Output1