(2016-08-30 08:56)gurabli Wrote: First of all, thanks @marv_el for creating this great add-on, your work is very much appreciated!
Yea, this is really great! Saves a lot of time here! Wheel-reinventing was the hard work here.
(2016-08-30 08:56)gurabli Wrote: You mentioned that you would like to customize the code, what ideas do you have that we could further improve the functionality of this add-on?
Well, I already fixed a small part, the main loop (in code on Github, not in a new release). It wasn't checking the result of monitor.abortRequested (which should tell the addon to stop) but it checked this function itself - which basically returns true all the time in python. Also the .sleep could be better handled with monitor.waitForAbort(), which cancels before the timeout happens. But these are small fixes you will not feel in the gui
First of all, I'll install the bluetooth A2DP device which arrived today. Then I'll test (Edit: Done and working)
I'm still in the desicion if all features should be placed in that one addon, currently I think it will be better to have multiple once. Therefore I'll mark the features and fixes I need with (this) or (another), to give you an overview where it will probably be implemented. Nevertheless, I want to integrate the addons with each other, so that they know the state of each other.
I want to:
- (this) review code, make it object oriented and avoid duplicates (e.g. rpc-calls), make use of python built-ins (json).
- (this) move all settings to plugin settings. Audio and video device are saved in a file as I could see.
- (this) I respect the way the selection of audio and video device works, really intuitive. A slight improvement could be a execution action inside the settings dialog and an option to save the current device as audio/video default in the settings. This would make later switches easier.
- (this) Test if all Playback-options I use are supported: I think of normal audio and video, and also PVR, different Addons, ...
- probably (another): handling of power save & cec commands based on type of playback and other things (I do not need my TV turned on while watching music, even if I use a Tablet app to control kodi. But I will need the TV on if switching to other sources using a RFID-Remote. This is just an example, but I think it shows where it should head to.
- ... more to follow.
If you gurabli or any other here have good ideas to make these things better and easier - feel free to write an 'issue' on GitHub. There I'll usually see it within some hours when I'm at home. You can also fork the project and get your hands on code, if you did something useful send a pull request and I will implement.
Sorry for the long text, this should really be a quick overview but there are so many things to say
Thanks for your warm welcome (and tell Cloudflare that 'sleep with Opening and Closing Bracet' isn't bad enough to block it)
Greetings from Austria